Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 11/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Likes..... to both of you Posted Image

Posted

Snow showers tonight over the hills towards the north of our region, But with Air temps,Dew points and 850hpa on the right side for snow, I think anywhere could see a flake or twoPosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Tomorrow is going to feel raw for this time of the year..... Wind Chill Posted Image

Posted Image......Especially first thing!

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Anyone get any snow? Peope in the se thread claim to have seen some of the white stuff today. It is 3.5c in North London, was 5.4c 30 minutes ago but it is raining.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Heatwave this weekend, but the middle of April is suppose to be cold. Where do you get those 'fancy pants' smileys from Dancerwithwings, I want one.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Was 6c half an hour ago, wind picked up and 4c now feels raw..... Rain/ snow on doorstep according to radar.... Had hail shower earlier...

According to xcweather its snowing in leeds and biggin hill....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted

Anybody else seeing anything falling from the sky, weather it been rain or snow!! The radar is saying YES... But i haven't seen anything since earlier on this afternoon?

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Looks like we should get something in the next 30min/hour Dancer, Nothing here since the snow shower early'er. http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76712-yorkshire-lincolnshire-regional-discussion/page-38#entry2950172 

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Anybody else seeing anything falling from the sky, weather it been rain or snow!! The radar is saying YES... But i haven't seen anything since earlier on this afternoon?

Same here can see the shafts coming down, but nothing reaching the ground, certainly looked like a hail shower arriving, but not reaching this low down

Posted

That maybe the case, The likes of PM,TM and W'glossop who have heights on their side, any prep will be wintry and also heavier..... Lucky buggersPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Had some soft hail and sleet earlier, plunged the temperature down to 3C from 8C in about 15 minutes, then it bounced back to 6C and the sun nearly got out. Next set of showers weren't very heavy, pushed the temperature down to 4C but of the very much wet variety. 

Currently 3.6C and overcast. If we do get any precipitation of significance, then it will be a lampost watch. Someone is going to get a surprise tonight.

Did see snow last week, but I was in Norway.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just a few brief, light showers of hail or wet snow here this afternoon despite the radar indicating something more extensive and persistent. Hopefully something more meaningful will occur overnight.

Current temp' is 1.6c, a fall of 2.4c since 1800.

Posted

My current temp is 3.7c, Dew points at 1.4c and drizzle. Fingers crossed for most of us otherwise the only thing we'll be seeing in the morning is Posted Image LOL ....Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Nowt as yet.. Looks like my prediction was a little early Dancer Posted Image

Damp

Temp 1.5c

Dp 0.3c

Wind Chill 0.2c. N/W 9mph

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Had slight covering of hail here earlier so cold enough..... Snow earlier was pretty heavy for five minutes but too wet to settle.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Well, it's only been snowing here!  Started as hail, turned to snow. Car tops and roof of garage is white. Temperature's 1.4oC.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well, it's only been snowing here!  Started as hail, turned to snow. Car tops and roof of garage is white. Temperature's 1.4oC.

At last ,we may get  some Winter, would be nice to see the Beautiful Malverns capped in snow!!Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Back in the Midlands on Friday! Delighted to see it will warm up too on my arrival! Im bringing up with me from the South and keeping it until I return to Kernow in May! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Back in the Midlands on Friday! Delighted to see it will warm up too on my arrival! Im bringing up with me from the South and keeping it until I return to Kernow in May!

Just don't take all the sunshine and warmth back with you to Cornwall in May because, if you do, there may not be any left for us in the Midlands to enjoy. But you can, at least, take 1% of it back with you, while us here will keep 99% of it. :p

Posted

Back in the Midlands on Friday! Delighted to see it will warm up too on my arrival! Im bringing up with me from the South and keeping it until I return to Kernow in May

Of course, that very much depends on whether we allow you to go back, Blizzy Posted Imaget

Bish

• Like 2