Mean min 12

Highest max 33

Lowest min 6

Rain 15mm Rain days 1 Thunder 1

Sun 320hrs, max daily 15hr, no sunless days

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Plenty of days of 30c+. Long dry and very warm spells throughout the summer with short unsettled spells and heavy thundery showers from time to time occurring during the breakdown of any hot weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

My ideal summer weather is what a lot on here would call mundane and boring, would like little sun, little rain and wind, but with temps around 20-21C max, but not warm nights, so really a high positioned to the W or SW

if it has to be hot, then bring on the thunderstorms

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Another June 2nd 1975 event would be great. That's what I want from Summer!

A fire and ice one would be awesome. Amazing how it swung to 27c in the space of like 5 days from snowing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I want the sort of summer which would have people convinced it's actually an unsettled late October.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I want the sort of summer which would have people convinced it's actually an unsettled late October.

We've just come out of a three month period which resembled an unsettled late October.......thanks but no thanks on that one! Seen more than enough grey skies wind and rain....enough is enough.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted

Same as last year would do fine for me. After this winter's soaking we probably don't need the short wet spell we had here at the end of July, but one or two extra thunderstorms would be great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I like my summer warm to hot but with ample rain. I'm generally not a fan of long dry spells, last summer being the exception having had a succession of wetter than average summers. So:

May like 2004

June like 2005 or 2006

July like 2006 or 2013

August like 2005

Posted

A 2 week spell of dry warm sunny weather is all I ask for. Not necessarily scorching temps, maxes in low 20's suits me fine.

Recent summers bar last year failed to deliver such a spell, and we have struggled on occasion to see even a week of dry settled conditions, often seeing such conditions in Spring and Autumn instead.

I'd love a summer like 1995, the high benchmark, but a summer like last year would be great.

I always think a warm sunny spell in May and June beats an equivalent spell in July and August when such weather is often associated with hazy skies and high humidity making for oppressive conditions.

Late May into early June is my favourite time of year and a 2 week dry sunny spell at such time is hard to beat - they should move the school holidays forward 6 weeks! by late August it can be positively miserable and wet in these parts.

• Like 1

Posted

I like heat, but sleeping is unbearable especially when humid.

I can cope 30C but when it got near to 35C like last year, it was like a furnace - and thats for a Londoner :p

as we have no sea breeze, and the air is very stagnant going outside is not always ideal.

Today I saw a couple of bees, utter contrast to the bitter cold of March 2013. Even in April we got snow showers however none did settle, this winter we have had the liquid form unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Unlike winter, we can say that even in the worst summers (cool and wet) we most always get a spell of very warm and sunny weather.

2014's last hope to be a notable year for a GOOD reason would be to give another long heatwave like July last year.

Well, we do have three other seasons to contend with before the year is out mate, including winter at the end of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Seems to be a fascination with storms having to originate over France and then track over the UK for the storm to be of an intensity and duration that will please storm enthusiasts... but does no-one ever consider storms that originate over the UK itself?  Might be a case of selective memory here.

Those situations where thunderstorms track over the channel but dissipate as they do are more than likely because the instability happens to be over the near continent and not over the channel or the UK.  Otherwise, thunderstorm complexes will continue for as long as they like provided the moisture source and instability is present.  No small, relatively cool mass of water is going to "kill" them.  But even if they do track over cooler waters, if the low to mid-levels are also particularly warm and moist, thunderstorms will simply root in those layers, in which case even if it was freezing at the surface it still wouldn't affect a storm's development. 

I seem to remember them being extremely intense though and giving a spectacular night show of epic proportions, in the 90's as a child. Infact, it used to frighten me if I'm completely honest! Did anyone notice the track/intensity of the storms back then, did they lose intensity over the Channel and re-invigorate as they tracked across land once more, or did they maintain their intensity throughout?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

What do I expect from Summer......I love the different seasons, and being totally unrealistic I expect warm sunny weather with thunderstorms in summer where I can go out without a jacket or just sit out and enjoy the warmth of the sun............ foggy an chilly nights and conker picking and the smell of wood smoke in Autumn up until December then I anticipate sunny frosty days and snow in abundance leading to spring storms and then April where I love the sight of spring flowers and bright green buds, crocus, carpets of daffodils and bluebells and the smell of the Hawthorn shrubs and hedges, ......................spring has to be my favourite season

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sounds ideal Jan! For me, if there are two months that should be characterised by storms, they've got to be November and March!

Posted

As others have said, night time thunderstorms where its actually overhead around here and more thundery activity in general although convective thunderstorms don't occur all that often around here in all honesty. 

I don't mind some warm, humid weather but nothing too hot, it never gets into the hot category here anyways but apart from a bit of novelty, I would settle for temps around 21C for most of the summer. 

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

Cold Zonality or cold Northerlies giving frost by night with cool sunshine and showers by day.  The northerlies will be even cold enough for widespread snow in early June.  Average Daily Max in June, July and August 13C.  Average Daily Mean in June, July and August 8C.  Average Daily Min in June, July and August 3C.  Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Craig Evans
  • Like 2

Posted

As much rain and cool temps and as little sun and warmth as possible. Oh and an apology from God for creating that wretched season in the first place wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Cool. Don't mind if it's sunny as long as it's not hot.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A repeat of summer 2003 would do me nicely

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

The UK's hottest day on record below when a high of 38.5°C (101.3°F) was recorded at Faversham in Kent

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

As much rain and cool temps and as little sun and warmth as possible. Oh and an apology from God for creating that wretched season in the first place wouldn't go amiss.

Look up the climate for this little place-  suit you down to the ground!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_Island

• Like 1

Posted

Well above average sunshine. It has to be better than last year which just wasn't good enough. A 70 hour surplus when the previous 6 summers had chalked up a 560 hour deficit between them.

A good June and August in particular are well overdue. 2003 is the only June since 1997 to reach the 1921-50 sunshine average of 189 hours which is just ridiculous and why the most recent 30-year rolling average has dropped to barely above 160 hours.

Better weekend weather than weekday weather is also a must having now suffered the opposite for 7 consecutive summers Posted Image Nothing worse than sitting stifling in an office all week only to suffer cool grey rubbish at the weekend.