Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What Do You Want From Summer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Half decent summer like last year will do....what wont do would be a repeat of the s**t on a stick summers the likes of which we had from 2007-2012.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

ill be back in time for summer...the first summer with no AC in 5 years what am i to do???

Posted

Hmm this could be interesting..

May- I would like a lot of warm (17oC) days at the beginning of the month with changeable weather but not unsettled, just a week or so where it's typical 'April showers' weather but in May. After the 15th I would like High pressure to gradually start coming in with increasing sun and a bit more warmth (20-22oC). Then for mine and my sisters birthday on the 22nd and 21st I would like some strong sunshine with unbroken deep blue skies (temperatures surpassing 30oC on a number of days with low humidity)

June- The first few days still sunny and gorgeous with not a cloud to be seen but then by the 10th or so signs of a breakdown with some strong storms and temperatures peaking at around 32oC.

then mid month some changeable weather again with low pressure close enough to the UK to bring showers and 1 or 2 cold fronts just bringing temperatures down to around 19oC.

Then from around the 18th of June

July- until mid July I would like similar conditions to last year where there are many cloudless days, some days around 22oC due to some very early low cloud limiting temperatures but most days around 26oC, any warmer is a bit too much and with some cool nights around 12oC so its good to sleep.

Then until the end of the month a bit more of unsettled conditions just to dampen the ground a little bit and to stop the ground from parching. this lasting just into the first few days or August.

August- The unsettled conditions then leading to a warm front coming from the south and a Spanish plume becoming established for a few days lifting temperatures to the highest we've seen for a few years 36oC or higher would be interesting just for a couple of days before huge thunderstorms come to break it up and then the rest of the month having cool days, not really above 26oC on any days with a stiff breeze but still pretty sunny but days here and there with light showers before sunshine returns.

September- As we head towards the end of summer a lot of days with rain overnight and even during the day, especially for the first couple of weeks before sun and heat returns for the end of September to bring a late taste or truly summer like weather and temperatures near 30oC.

I know all of this is unlikely to happen because there is a lot of sun and heat in there but I did try and put in some more unsettled conditions so that the heat and sun doesn't become oppressive and also just so we really appreciate the nice weather instead of seeing it as regular summer weather..

The SUNNIEST summer we've ever had would be nice but with frequent E to NE breezes just to keep the temperatures down the majority of the time... Perfect tanning conditions!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I like the sound of that above but without the E/NE winds. Right down the east coast NE winds would give mid to high teens and drizzle. That is the worst case scenario though as with easterlies we usually get clear blue skies and pleasant warmth. But conversely its this wind direction that gives the best conditions for the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I like the sound of that above but without the E/NE winds. Right down the east coast NE winds would give mid to high teens and drizzle. That is the worst case scenario though as with easterlies we usually get clear blue skies and pleasant warmth. But conversely its this wind direction that gives the best conditions for the SW.

I remember a few years back we got easterly winds in spring not sure which month it was but 15 miles or so east of me at Redcar it was cloudy, foggy and cold whilst here in Darlington it was sunny and pleasantly warm