Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Good sunset potential this evening, with the current cloud formations. Nearly 5 hours off though. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

What a super afternoon for a walk in the park ....

post-10773-0-33107700-1394893551_thumb.j

......two lovely weekends in a row - feeling rather lucky, long may it last Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Wow, really warm out there now, fantastic day all told, some cloud has removed the bright sunshine though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Another warm cloudless day in London :)

Posted

Beautiful day and warmer than I was expecting in the sun. Tomato seedlings potted on with out injury to my back and painted the fence and wall all without back ache too. Not pushing it so lawn mowing tomorrow.

Loads of bumble bees and ladybirds out in the sun, hope a late cold snap doesn't appear now, would be the end of many of them.

Popped out to buy some yeast and noticed everyone walking around with a spring in their step and seem happier. Amazing what a sunny day can do to lift the spirits.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all, gosh what a beaut of a day! Sunny and mild, with a gentle breeze.

Rugby good too. Congrats England on winning in Italy.

France v Ireland will be a mouth watering game I feel.

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful day and warmer than I was expecting in the sun. Tomato seedlings potted on with out injury to my back and painted the fence and wall all without back ache too. Not pushing it so lawn mowing tomorrow.

Loads of bumble bees and ladybirds out in the sun, hope a late cold snap doesn't appear now, would be the end of many of them.

Popped out to buy some yeast and noticed everyone walking around with a spring in their step and seem happier. Amazing what a sunny day can do to lift the spirits.

Yes Tadpole, I've noticed lots of bees and ladybirds too. As you say, I hope they haven't emerged too early.

Which type of tomato are you growing this year.

Ps.... fab, warm afternoon  Posted Image 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I'm very sorry to hear about your cats LGF - I know how much I value my own cat, Shadow and can't imagine him not being here, although of course I know these times come round eventually. I usually like to put a smile on things and don't discuss things outside of the forum, but I am having a rather horrible time of things atmPosted Image  - so my cat is especially a source of comfort to me right at this time

The weather is sunny anyway

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 8

Posted

The cloud seems to have cleared, so no great sunset coming up here I'm not sure though as in an enclosed pub... :unsure:

• Like 1

Posted

Good afternoon folks.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of LGF's  cats and also that Tamara is having a horrible time. Posted Image It is so true that a pet can be a great source of companionship and comfort and I still miss my cat from 3 or 4 years ago. Oddly enough she was almost identical to LGF's.

That said it is another glorious afternoon in north west London currently 18.1c and although the breeze is taking the edge off it slightly, it's above average for the time of year.

Wishing the best for you all. Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

I'm very sorry to hear about your cats LGF - I know how much I value my own cat, Shadow and can't imagine him not being here, although of course I know these times come round eventually. I usually like to put a smile on things and don't discuss things outside of the forum, but I am having a rather horrible time of things atmPosted Image  - so my cat is especially a source of comfort to me right at this time

Sorry to hear this. :(
  • Like 2

Posted

Yes Tadpole, I've noticed lots of bees and ladybirds too. As you say, I hope they haven't emerged too early.

Which type of tomato are you growing this year.

Ps.... fab, warm afternoon  Posted Image

In case of blight which I get in wet years;

Legend

Ferline

Others;

Gardeners delight

Roma

Marmande

Minibel

A yellow one that I can't remember the name of.

Might stick a tumbling on in too.

Tried loads of others over the years and didn't like them for various reasons. Very disappointed with Black Russian, didn't like the taste.

I've got a very very small garden, not a bit of soil can be seen by summer.

Weather note....Still blue skies, not as warm but that might be because I'm in a north facing room Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Chin up Tamara, you've a lot of friends on the forum so don't let the gremlins/buggers get you down Posted Image

Out here on the Marlborough Downs (extreme west of the region, but I'm one of those lost souls who is stuck geographically between 2 regions) it's been a beautiful day, with temps peaking at 18C around 2pm and some rather nice mid-level convection with patchy Ac and a few turkey towers late morning....The bbq has been prepped for tomorrow, the grass is cut, the kid's trampoline is sorted, the car powerwashed, all I need now is a nice cool beer, and as luck will have it, I have 4 Old Crafty Hen's in the cupboard with my name on them...happy days! Posted Image

• Like 7

Chin up Tamara, you've a lot of friends on the forum so don't let the gremlins/buggers get you down Posted Image

Out here on the Marlborough Downs (extreme west of the region, but I'm one of those lost souls who is stuck geographically between 2 regions) it's been a beautiful day, with temps peaking at 18C around 2pm and some rather nice mid-level convection with patchy Ac and a few turkey towers late morning....The bbq has been prepped for tomorrow, the grass is cut, the kid's trampoline is sorted, the car powerwashed, all I need now is a nice cool beer, and as luck will have it, I have 4 Old Crafty Hen's in the cupboard with my name on them...happy days! Posted Image

My goodness you know how to live in the lost souls of two regions with four hens stuck in a cupboardPosted Image

I keep having to remind myself that at this time last year we were all looking out the window hoping for warmer weather and white stuff kept falling from the sky whilst mowing the grass this afternoon in a T shirt.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening guys...

ATB LGF, it's horrible losing your dearly beloved pets. As the say, time is the best healer. Also what Jax said, think of all the fond memories. I know that helped me when we had our dog put to sleep after a wonderful 14 years.

Chin up Tamara - hope all gets better soon. You know you will get loads of support from this great thread.

Laters peeps, I'm off for a lovely Chinese meal, and lots of beer haha.

Take care, and have a great evening....

• Like 2

Posted

Evening forum friends :)

A splendid day, rather strange not seeing the rain pattering against the window. The wildlife has really sprung into life I've seen many bees and all the daffodils are in flower a sure message that spring has arrived. Spring is one of my favourite seasons, during the Summer it can be like a sweat box in London. Why some like relentless heat, beats me.

Tam hope your ok - thinking of you. And all those who are going through tough times :good:

• Like 2

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Hi all

Hope your all ok

Looks like we still stay dry up to tuesday on the above

Beezy west/ north west winds but notcold but cooling down tues on

Tomorrow still looks nice if not a shade chilly in the wind

Temps between 15-18 degrees

Cloud may build mid pm on

Anyway take care and be back tomorrow

Best regards

John

Thanks John, hope that roof has now been fixed and you have a sun tan for your hard workPosted Image

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Thanks John, hope that roof has now been fixed and you have a sun tan for your hard workPosted Image

....and any "Mrs Pike" or helpful neighbours have now reclaimed their saucepans!

Thanks Mr P.

xxx

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I won another satchel full of money today thanks to  Goulanes 13/2 and it was sunny 18.5c. I don't get tips often but thanks to Tammy's Friend and Goulanes, it's been a profitable two days. If only I felt comfortable sharing tips in this forum, then I could spread the wealth. But this is a weather forum and I also don't want to encourage gambling. Furthermore, could you imagine if they lost? Still 10.3c here more sun tomorrowPosted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Working in the sunshine for most of the day, heeding Charltonkerry's words about 'its all in the planning' for my polytunnel project. Started on the raised beds, so glad of the good clear day and another to follow tomorrow.

I joined this 'what I thought' was a quaint little gardening group on Facebook and thought oh well, I'll share a picture of my humble work in progress.  I have been bombarded with about 40 notifications in the last hour Posted Image all with various questions and others just arguing what polytunnels are best Posted Image I know gardeners are passionate, but blimey!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening peeps

What a great day weather wise it has been, looking forward to tomorrow as well.

will upload some badly taken sunset pics as well as I felt left out with the ones on here.

• Like 1