Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring snowfall

Posted

I just wanted to start this topic just so anyone can report if they have any snow in the next day or so, I live in St.Albans, Hertfordshire and we have had no snow this winter bar one day in early December where we had a heavy shower and it turned to hail and then snow which melted a few minutes after.

I have just looked out and we had a heavy burst of rain and you could make out some snowflakes within it but then the shower moved on (current temperature 3.9oC)

(Any photo's welcomed too)

Some snow is forecast for hills across the country tonight so will be interested to find out who has snow and where.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Heavy and thick snow shower, for the last 20 minutes, possibly longer.  I was only alerted by the sound of staff in the open plan area all converging on the windows and sounding like excited children!  Large flakes and not really expected at this low altitude. Now slightly more sleety but not by a lot.  It hasn't settled anywhere but nevertheless nice to see something white coming down. 

Apologies re lack of photos - my work computer won't allow me to upload.  In fact am surprised I've managed to get into this site at all from the office..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Edit above post:  Apologies should have said I was reporting from the centre of Welwyn Garden City. 

Posted

I've had some icy bits,

Wonder how it goes when we progress into the night: 3.9c certainly going in a good direction :good: