Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I mention Larry the Lemur once, maybe I was unwise to refer to him as my pet, but really this sort of wild speculation is well out of order. 

Please excuse me, my friend needs me to prepare some fruit.

And put that blinkin' tail away!

He has a "Blinking Tail" !!!! that is awesome!

Posted

Just sent AJPS a PM which in a fashion was both a thank you and a welcome to our regions way of doing things here :)

After all why break what works my friends :)

Anyway just been out to the bin and surprised at how milder it seems (It may not be warm by some standards but still it is getting there), dry and that nagging wind I mentioned earlier seems to have left for now too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

it's true....there is a romance in this regional thread.....I'll be totally honest, I've fought with my feelings for a long time, I've wanted to say it, but didn't dare say it.......and now, I can't stand it no more, I've got to admit it, open up and tell the world that I.............am making this up as I go along....lol

looks like a storm might be brewing, it's very dark out there.........but then again, it is 9pm.......

I'l fetch me coat Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

it's true....there is a romance in this regional thread.....I'll be totally honest, I've fought with my feelings for a long time, I've wanted to say it, but didn't dare say it.......and now, I can't stand it no more, I've got to admit it, open up and tell the world that I.........

.......have a thing going on with Eric the SE & EA regional mascot ?

post-10773-0-47827600-1396040843_thumb.j

.........I knew there was a reason you can't keep away from this regional thread Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted

I really didn't think that all you faceless people out there in cyber space really read my tripe I write, I am especially surprised that bluebreezer54 remembered the little story I told about the early morning warbling of Mr blackbird and yesterday he received the return calls from a young lady, Surly this must be the romance he is referring to, I will update you all tomorrow, can't wait now to get out my binoculars again, let's hope your interest in these young birds lead to no more unfortunate misunderstanding by the neighbours :-).

• Like 3

Posted

it's true....there is a romance in this regional thread.....I'll be totally honest, I've fought with my feelings for a long time, I've wanted to say it, but didn't dare say it.......and now, I can't stand it no more, I've got to admit it, open up and tell the world that I.............am making this up as I go along....lol

looks like a storm might be brewing, it's very dark out there.........but then again, it is 9pm.......

It gets dark at night!?

WHY! did I not get that memo?

oh right, yeah, it does look dark... err I mean stormy.

I really didn't think that all you faceless people out there in cyber space really read my tripe I write, I am especially surprised that bluebreezer54 remembered the little story I told about the early morning warbling of Mr blackbird and yesterday he received the return calls from a young lady, Surly this must be the romance he is referring to, I will update you all tomorrow, can't wait now to get out my binoculars again, let's hope your interest in these young birds lead to no more unfortunate misunderstanding by the neighbours :-).

CK you are one of the most readable posters in this thread :good:

• Like 1

Posted

.......have a thing going on with Eric the SE & EA regional mascot ?

Posted Image1480695_753087364721052_526010031_n.jpg

.........I knew there was a reason you can't keep away from this regional thread Posted Image

Eric is clearly having a more interesting time of things than I thought!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

You can always borrow Bluebreezers blazer, it's just been dry cleaned ....

post-10773-0-51865400-1396041033_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

You can always borrow Bluebreezers blazer, it's just been dry cleaned ....

Posted Image$(KGrHqFHJC0FFKI1IKwFBRWHN9hEG!~~60_35.JPG

Pah, it's the wrong shade of Blue Ali Posted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

And there was i thinking it was about Old Blind Ginger Piggie meeting his two new ladies!! (Or maybe its the pair of shagging robins making a nest underneath my kitchen window?). No laundry to report......but spring cleaning is progressing well and,  if Mr Pike's reports are in agreement, we will be trying to wield the lawnmower tomorrow!Today has been very grey and overcast,  albeit less "perky" temperature wise than yesterday thank goodness,  and  sadly with none of the stormy excitement that the M40 corridor/WMids  have experienced today. (Have to admit I've spent quite a lot of time on the 'puter today tracking it's progress via live webcams up the country). Happy Birthday to Tom's son - the piggies send whiskery kisses and have even offered to donate some of their carrots - (well maybe Eric the mascot would be a more appropriate beneficiary?) - but I guess it's the thought than counts.Finally - a warm welcome to Mr AJPS....so courageous in giving voice to those innermost feelings!A demain mes amies!

xxxx 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Whatever the weather it never seems to be kind to commuters; Five railway substations were on fire yesterday evening after a lightning strike near Folkestone in Kent. Firefighters tackled the flames along the line from Dover priory to Sandling station.

Posted Imagearticle_img.jpg

Eurostar passengers were delayed following the bolt which caused a fire at a building close to the entrance to the Channel Tunnel, which in turn caused overhead electrical power losses near Ashford, Kent leaving hundreds of passengers facing long delays due to signalling problems…….. must have been the wrong kind of lightning Posted Image

That thunder from that lightening strike scared the living daylights out of me, it was the loudest rumble I have ever heard, in fact it didn't sound like a rumble, there was this sort of sucking sound then this great big bang.

Edit: It shook the building and set all the car alarms off too.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 3

Posted

Finally - a warm welcome to Mr AJPS....so courageous in giving voice to those innermost feelings! 

hope he does not all think we are all loons *shudder* and we may just get away with it.

Sunny here ;)

• Like 1

Posted

normal Sunday here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I've been hiding from the F--A--M--I--L--Y with my cat. They are angrier today than ever. (long story, not for here) Is someone in love with a goat?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  Dry, cool, calm, cloudy, clear 8.5c

• Like 2

Posted

tuesday

Posted Image

southerly flow

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks like another warm day

14-16 degrees

late afternoon more stormy stuff looks possible if that warm front travels far enough east

more soon

• Like 3

Posted

wednesday

Posted Image

a breezy but warm southerly flow

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

still warm

and if you like storms next week looks very interesting Posted Image

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

storm risk is lower but looks cooler and wet

not convinced on that at present

more tomorrow Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Thank you as ever Mr P for your diligent and comprehensive analysisxxxx

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Time for bed. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just a quick thank you to those of you that have wished my son Antony, a Happy Birthday.

I'll leave you with a nice bedtime lullaby.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 4

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=312&y=153&run=18&runpara=0&col=1&type=0&ext=1

the 4th again could be interesting Posted ImagePosted Image

hi tom

hope you are well and a belated happy birthday to your son

gonna see if i can bribe tams for an updated photo of you Posted ImagePosted Image

anyway time for me to go to bed

more roof work tomorrow

thankfully at that altitutude it should be warmer tomorrow Posted Image

goodnight all Posted Image

and have a great weekend

• Like 2

Posted

Currently sitting down with a beer thinking this time next week I'll be back in the UK and from your pictures it looks so green and like Spring is in the air. I'll be in Kent, Essex, Suffolk and Sussex visiting old friends (well they are not old but...oh you get what I mean lol) and I really hope the warm weather lasts however, from some forecasts here, it looks more likely to be cooling off :-(

Here's to changing from white and cold to green and warm....cheers.

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone well, looks a nice day out, hint of mist, blue / milky white sky. Nice to see the forum slowly reverting back to its irrelevant best, with a great mixture of weather, life's woos, humour and miscellaneous rubbish (my input).

Bit concerned today that young love may have flown away, 2nd day Mr blackbird has not been singing, I thought the lucky old man had cracked it with young sexy miss blackbird, but no happy singing bird to awake me, am very concerned and to be frank worried. Is there a bird Marjorie agony aunt I can write to, or is it to early? Missed him yesterday and hoped it was a one off, today devastated, I scanned all the trees with my trusted binoculars and nothing. Obviously number 42 was worried as well as he was waving his fist, obviously indicating that he couldn't see him either.

Today is one of those day I dread, really busy, running about everywhere, just to give you a flavour, 8am shopping for food, then over to a garden centre for flower pot shopping, home to move everything above the height our little granddaughter can reach, official visit from middle daughter and grand kids so mother day presents can be handed out, hopefully a couple of hours peace watching Geoff Stelling, then bluewater to pay for our forth coming holiday to Florida, then meal (which I will have to pay for) for mothers day with my son and fiancé.

Sorry got to go now, blue flashing lights outside and someone's hammering at the door, have a great day.

• Like 3