Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

morning all,beautiful morning here and looking like a lovely day upcoming,have fun whatever youre doing people and stay safe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Having internet issues this morning it seems, connection akin to a bit of wet string.

Have already stepped out and it is a fine morning out there, cannot stray far (due to work) but have already got the washing finished and out on the line to take advantage of this dry and mild weather, tomorrow is looking even better for my full (and only) day off this weekend, fully plan to take a stroll in it, well would be foolish to waste that chance after all.

CK, blue lights? have they finally caught up with you?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

CK, blue lights? have they finally caught up with you?

The're coming to take him away Haa-haaa! 

post-10773-0-00700000-1396085343_thumb.p

Posted Image

Morning all,

Bright and sunny here already, it looks like the weekend is going to be perfect for getting out and about, I'm going for my Mother's day lunch with the kids today as 'mini me' is working tomorrow, tonight Mr P and I will be observing earth hour and switching off at 8:30pm...

post-10773-0-82392700-1396085718_thumb.j

Whatever your all doing have a good weekend and don't forget to set your clocks one hour forward at bedtime or you won't know what time it is all day tomorrow Posted Image

post-10773-0-27905700-1396086094_thumb.g

• Like 3

Posted

Earth Hour is a fantastic thing and one I try and follow every year, to think it all started with a small idea to make a point and went global almost instantly.

Solved the internet problem, I am on here using my own desktop, remotely working with the laptop and that was the problem it was trying to connect to stuff at work and so was bringing my WAN connection to its knees, once I removed the offending programs and settings normal service was resumed (nearly launched it out the window in frustration mind).

Nice and bright morning here, hope that means the washing on the line will be dry a bit quicker (then I can go out earlier when I finish a bit later)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Nice morning here...a bit hazy but quite mild.

Hope all those who have fought long and hard for equal marriage have a fabulous day. Hang out those Rainbow Flags. :D

I shall be away for a while now. ..so have a good week end everyone.

• Like 1

Posted

Was in the pub yesterday with some friends and people I know and the same sex marriage thing did cross my mind then as included in my circle of friends there were a lesbian and a gay, but neither are hooked up with anyone at present (that I am aware of anyway) he thinks I am cute apparently, then again the young bartender got that comment too,  I had to point out (again) that my orientation is towards women :) it is all fun banter and we all know it.

Sun is out in full here now, fantastic. Mild, calm, dry, if I did not have to monitor the lappy and phone (wifi does not quite reach the garden) I would sit outside and read a book, but hey ho I can continue running the vacuum round instead and leave tomorrow open as a free day instead, get to see all my family even my nan who is up from from the home land :)

Posted

Morning all - weather creatures :p

The scorcher commences a balmy 17.6c, with some scattered wispy clouds. seriously not looking foward to losing 60 minutes of my sleep, winter is much more pleasant when sleeping; no humidity and no strong sun beaming down on you.

Have a exquisite day, strawberries and cream sort of day...

post-19153-0-34724200-1396092093_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Good morning/afternoon all. Hazy sunshine and quite breezy here but the temperature is impressive. 16.6c at Raf Northolt and 17.6c at Heathrow both temps readings at 11am. I am also liking JP's hints of some thundery activity early next week as well, sympathies to those who don't like them of course.

Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you're doing. Posted Image

PS. I laughed out loud again at yet another one of AS' posts. Apologies for outing you and Larry Lemur old chap.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. :) And a gorgeous one it is too.

Went on a walk at 6:00 this morning and saw some bluebells! I'm wondering whether they are the non UK variety. I know they have a different shaped flower, but I wouldn't know the difference and won't look it up to work it out. Nice to see anyway. :good:

One of my mates has arranged a sea fishing trip tomorrow. He's taken into account the change to BST and booked to leave the jetty at 5 a.m. tomorrow. I said to him, 'you do realise you'll be setting off in the dark?' He then said 'no, it's BST tomorrow' I then reminded him that while we gain an hour in the evening, to compensate, we must lose an hour in the morning and that 5 a.m. tomorrow would be nearly the same as 4 this morning. :doh: but :lol:

Posted

What a beautiful day and it's left me cursing my flippin' health, trapping me at home again today.

I part hobbled/part crawled to the front door though and ridiculous as it may sound, it actually feels like a summers day out there. There is quite a breeze blowing* and normally at this time of year I would expect that to take the edge off the temperatures but remarkably it is actually a warm wind. Now I realise it is a south easterly blowing in off the continent, but I'm suprised the English Channel hasn't chilled the wind far more on its journey to dear old Blighty.

* Heathrow reporting a steady windspeed of 18mph but a temperature now up to 18.9c, Northolt is not far behind.

• Like 1

Posted

Well who would have thought it ? The Met Office site at Northolt has recorded a maximum temp of 19.2c this afternoon, despite winds gusting up to 30mph.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/northolt-greater-london#?tab=last24hours&fcTime=1395964800

Quite remarkable for this time of year I would think, and at roughly the same time last year we were being snowed under. Got to like the variation of our weather, and how it keeps us on our toes !!

BBPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Good evening all

Been another roller coaster day at the den, unfortunately ending 2-2. After having the upper hand twice, it is rather bitter. We conceded in the last few minutes which just adds to the grief.. We step closer to the vertical drop. Sorry about my rambling.

Apart from that it was a splendid day we peaked at 18.5c, and Sunday is expected to be even more warmer,

We may nudge 20c quite easily.

Bluebreezer, you've gone through so much, I really root for you, from forum experience your a very nice person, unlike many in this world, you deserve so much more. I may not be there for you physically, but I'm thinking of you :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Evening everyone

Lazy day today enjoying the sunshine and inspecting the "remains" of the garden (and damage to the banks of the stream) following the flooding over the last two months.

Lot of work to do/gaps to fill this year as many of the perennials and shrubs just haven't survived the heavy clay/wet/shady conditions.

BB - sorry you are still restricted in getting out - I don;t know if you are a wildlife person but the live webcams of the peregrine and osprey nesting sites are now active and I have found them fascinating to watch. 

Ospreys on Rutland Water  - female has just returned to the nesting site and awaiting arrival of their mate

http://www.ospreys.org.uk/webcam/

Peregrine webcams in many places - many have already laid - Norwich has 4 eggs
http://upp.hawkandowl.org/norwich-peregrines/live-norwich-cathedral-peregrine-web-cam-2014/

Temperature cooling now to 11deg - not sure what it peaked at as was too busy watching the birds of prey!

xxx

P.S. Very pleased to note a ring-tailed lemur has now been added to the South East Regionnaires menageriePosted Image

Edited by PiggiePalace
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all

What a cracker today was. Spent 2 glorious hours over the park with my family which was interspersed with viewing two houses. It was deffo t-shirt and shorts weather today.... Unlike me -boiling in dark blue jeans :-)

Have a great weekend guys... And happy Mother's Day to all you mums. Hope you enjoy, and get spoilt rotten.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

What a beautiful day and it's left me cursing my flippin' health, trapping me at home again today. I part hobbled/part crawled to the front door though and ridiculous as it may sound, it actually feels like a summers day out there. There is quite a breeze blowing* and normally at this time of year I would expect that to take the edge off the temperatures but remarkably it is actually a warm wind. Now I realise it is a south easterly blowing in off the continent, but I'm suprised the English Channel hasn't chilled the wind far more on its journey to dear old Blighty. * Heathrow reporting a steady windspeed of 18mph but a temperature now up to 18.9c, Northolt is not far behind.

All the best BB - really hope you are able to get out soon. Take care matey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Here is my birthday present. Guess which one is mine.......:D

Hope you all had a nice day in the sunshine. We had a lovely lunch at The Brewery Tap near the river. I can heartily recommend the Chish and Fips there.

post-17085-0-58598200-1396122787_thumb.j

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hello all, Hope your day been fine, As it has been a cracker, Tomorrow even better 20c possible. Yes it's me, Still working hard and doing house up, Sadly my wife'S Granddad passed away yesterday, Very sad times at the moment....My Wife is devastated . He had a good innings though 93 and thought in WW2 in North Africa with loads of Medals. Very kind Man "Stubborn" as well all the Kids loved him, I will miss him. I will be Staying logged in for a bit.

Posted Image

Ohh I see JP lurking at the logged in part. Hope your good JP.

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

Posted

hi jason

sorry to hear of your loss

give your best regards to your wife for me

take care mate

sorry not updated yet

will do soon but things on my other side have gone a little bit busy

http://www.livefromiceland.is/webcams/hekla/

the webcams above are of certain places in iceland

better in daylight and the hekla one is the one im watching at present

back soon

john

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted

tomorrow

Posted Image

a southerly flow

a slight breeze but not too strong

temps

Posted Image

very similar to today

14-15 coasts (maybe a shade lower south coasts if cloud takes time to clear

around 17-18 degrees

again a localised 20 inland likely

rain

Posted Image

nonePosted Image

be back soon with the rest

johnPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Sorry to hear that Jason, All the very best to you and yours at this sad time x

Posted

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak south-south easterly flow

rain

Posted Image

stays dryPosted Image

temps

Posted Image

around 8 degrees

watch for fog anywhere north of the thames and may be an issue around the north east of our region

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday

Posted Image

a weak south-south westerly flow

still under high dam air

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

going to start dry

then as we get towards lunchtime we will see localised storms breaking out

this will not hit all areas so radars at the ready Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 14-16 degrees

a localised 18 degrees poss

will feel humid in the afternoon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday night

Posted Image

a southerly flow

rain

Posted Image

still some heavy showers around and again a few rumbles likely too Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 8 degrees and locally may stay above 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a mainly southerly flow and may be noticeable on the north east coasts

rainfall

Posted Image

some showers around early but clearing

maybe some later heavy bursts

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 14-16 degrees

not as humid today but still pleasant away from the showers

back later with the rest

john Posted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Posted

its nice these come out early

shame they aint though

wednesday

Posted Image

breezy south east flow

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks like a mainly dry day but some showers likely pm

temps 16-18 degrees

cooler east coastal regions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

temps around 14 degrees

heavy rain and getting cooler later on in the day

this is subject to change though

Posted

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak south-south easterly flow

rain

Posted Image

stays dryPosted Image

temps

Posted Image

around 8 degrees

watch for fog anywhere north of the thames and may be an issue around the north east of our region

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday

Posted Image

a weak south-south westerly flow

still under high dam air

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

going to start dry

then as we get towards lunchtime we will see localised storms breaking out

this will not hit all areas so radars at the ready Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 14-16 degrees

a localised 18 degrees poss

will feel humid in the afternoon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday night

Posted Image

a southerly flow

rain

Posted Image

still some heavy showers around and again a few rumbles likely too Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 8 degrees and locally may stay above 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a mainly southerly flow and may be noticeable on the north east coasts

rainfall

Posted Image

some showers around early but clearing

maybe some later heavy bursts

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 14-16 degrees

not as humid today but still pleasant away from the showers

back later with the rest

john Posted Image

Thanks John. comprehensive and articulate as usual.  I think Everyone appreciates the work you put into those updates.

Glad it was dry today, fixed the lawnmower (John Deere X145) that had broken it's cutting belt.  Took a while and the ground was wet underfoot due to Thursday night's rain, but done now and the machine is running beatifully,  --  shame I didn't get time to cut the grass Posted Image

Look forward to a warm one tomorrow, grass cutting here I come (after I do some work (on a Sunday --  for heavens sake)

• Like 1