Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Been a dry and bright day here, some impressive clouds have been popping up though in the last hour or so, need to go to get some milk, but far too mild to take a coat, looks like I will have to chance it then.

Still not adjusted to that hour change, so up late last night and nearly slept in this morning (EEK!)

Posted

My nice clean Range rover done yesterday at D & T now looks like a dust bowl,what a waste of £20.00 

Dont worry even the PMs car got targeted

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/31/why-was-there-red-dust-on-everyones-cars-this-morning-4683903/

Posted

Cells crossing the channel seems to have intensified, the trajectory points to Hampshire & W.Sussex

Something to watch out - nice to see the ppn not catching a cold :p per usual...

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Blimus!! This is enough to put anyone off flying. Even storm lovers like me...:O

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/31/dramatic-images-show-the-moment-a-huge-lightning-bolt-strikes-passenger-jet-4684120/

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 1

Posted

Blimus!! This is enough to put anyone off flying. Even storm lovers like me...Posted Image

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/31/dramatic-images-show-the-moment-a-huge-lightning-bolt-strikes-passenger-jet-4684120/

Had  a lightning bolt hit the wingtip of a plane I was on about 12 years ago, and I was looking out of the window at the time,  bloody hell it was bright, not a huge amount of noise made it into the cabin, but it was instantaneous.

great fun

Evening, a warm and bright day here, though it did cloud over during the afternoon. Looks like being warm throughout this week with hopefully some thundery action.

Evening captain,

looks like the Triangle was the triangle because you were there.....

Seems to be something heading there now.....and avoiding Saffron Walden

Still avoiding me as well though

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

had a shower at 10.30 this morning,thats enough about my personal hygiene,which left a load of sand on my taxi and that of others,trying to explain where it came from to the other drivers was traumatic,as they thought i was telling porkies.how can little particles of sand from the sahara end up here they said,wasnt so funny when the radio mentioned it,then they thought i was clever

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Had  a lightning bolt hit the wingtip of a plane I was on about 12 years ago, and I was looking out of the window at the time,  bloody hell it was bright, not a huge amount of noise made it into the cabin, but it was instantaneous.

great fun

Evening captain,

looks like the Triangle was the triangle because you were there.....

Seems to be something heading there now.....and avoiding Saffron Walden

Still avoiding me as well though

Ha standard :p

Been cloudy but warm all day here, just a little milky sunshine from time to time. 

Posted

had a shower at 10.30 this morning,thats enough about my personal hygiene,which left a load of sand on my taxi and that of others,trying to explain where it came from to the other drivers was traumatic,as they thought i was telling porkies.how can little particles of sand from the sahara end up here they said,wasnt so funny when the radio mentioned it,then they thought i was clever

He said: "This has then risen to a height where the dust is transported quite quickly over Europe and the UK by high level winds. Rain then washes the dust out of the atmosphere, bringing it down in the raindrops. We then see the dust when the rain dries out – and it’s particularly noticeable on shiny surfaces, like cars.Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/31/sahara-rain-cars-desert-dust-pictures_n_5061617.html
  • Like 2

Posted

NoPosted Image IPosted ImagehavePosted Image SaharanPosted Image sandPosted Image particlesPosted Image inPosted Image myPosted Image eyesPosted Image

Cloudy and warm Posted Image

'Twas a genuine question because despite my failing eyesight some of your posts have me reaching for the blinkers they are that large.Posted Image

I see there are a few thunderstorms breaking out further west this afternoon and evening, pretty much as predicted by the knowledgable folk on NW and elsewhere. It's been quite a lively start to the year one way or another.

• Like 2

Posted

Let's hope the land turns these into proper bad boy storms

I second that. Come to Goosey, storms. I think we're due for a June 28th 2012 event in our region. :)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all.

Cracking day yesterday. Sitting in the restaurants beer garden at 12.30 waiting for our table and it felt like summer. Shorts, t-shirt and me and MrsLD sipping an ice cool cider, whilst the children played. Had a monster roast then went off to the park for a few hours.

Today not so great. For one it was Monday, and secondly mostly cloudy with hardly any sun. Felt pretty warm though, and quite muggy on tonight's run.

• Like 1

Posted

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

watch and see

certainly not cold

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak southerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

in the morning it starts dry

Posted Image

still dry

but the odd shower here and there

Posted Image

late afternoon-early evening

the fax shows a warm from crossing us from the south

this would then increase the risk of a few rumbles for us

temps

Posted Image

around 16 degrees and maybe an 18 locally

Posted Image

tomorrow night

Posted Image

still a weak mainly southerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

up to around midnight the storm risk is here

drops away after

temps

Posted Image

probably around 7-9 degrees and will feel humid

watch for mist and fog patches early wed morning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

still under a southerly flow

rain

Posted Image

at present that looks dry

however the far west of the region may see something stormy ( radar watch for wed)

temps

Posted Image

around 16-19 degrees

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday night

Posted Image

a slightly more breezy south-south easterly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

again looks mainly dry for us

however the odd localised storm cannot be ruled out ( another radar watch needed)

temps

Posted Image

10-12 degrees and will feel humid again

watch for more widespread fog overnight

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a variable flow south west-southerly

rainfall

Posted Image

starts dry early

but more widespread thunderstorms likely today

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 16-18 degrees

so overall

warm

some thundery bits

cloud and fog an issue but also some sunny spells too

ie

a bit of variation there

anyway hope your all well

be back later

• Like 6

Posted

Talking of sand, off to St Lucia on Thursday first thing. A bit bogged down with clearing work to get excited, but I know deep down I can't wait to get some lovely sunshine and hopefully snorkelling. Will be watching JP's updates with interest for airport conditions. We are checking in the night before and staying at Gatwick Hilton - travel outfits are exercising us greatly at the moment in conjunction with what to put in hand luggage 'just in case'...

Wow, have a wonderful time there RS. If you get the chance take one of the the helicopter rides across or around the Island and also visit the the volcanic springs at Soufriere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulphur_Springs,_Saint_Lucia

Le Pitons are spectacular as well.  It's a fabulous island and the people are so friendly.

Back on track and in the real world it's still a mild and somewhat muggy 15.6 here with practiaclly no sunshine all day.

• Like 2

Posted

hi all

thursday night

looks likely to see something showery-poss thundrery

Posted Image

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

a west to south west flow

looks dry

Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

around 14 degrees

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a more westerly and slightly chillier flow

rain

Posted Image

starts dry

but the afternoon

Posted Image

rain moving in and some heavy Posted Image

thunder risk is reduced now though

temps

Posted Image

cooler 12-14 degrees

• Like 1

Posted

Theres nowt as daft as folk.

3 days ago, thanks to the excellent forecasts here and elsewhere I alerted my neighbours and a wider audience to the fact we were likely to be dusted by sand from the Sahara so my advice to them all was don't bother cleaning your cars for now, because this dust is going to be hanging around for a few days yet, and if it rains their cars will be covered in the stuff again.

Lo and behold on Monday morning my neighbours woke up to find their cars covered in a film of Saharan dust, and the local car washes had folk literally queing up to pay as much as £20 a pop, that's supply and demand at it's best. I warned them again throughout the day they were wasting their time and money but did they listen ?  Well some did, those that didn't will wake up to a dust covered car again in the morning because a light shower here has just dropped another coating,  all over their bright shiny cars.

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 4

Posted

Theres nowt as daft as folk.

3 days ago, thanks to the excellent forecasts here and elsewhere I alerted my neighbours and a wider audience to the fact we were likely to be dusted by sand from the Sahara so my advice to them all was don't bother cleaning your cars for now, because this dust is going to be hanging around for a few days yet, and if it rains their cars will be covered in the stuff again.

Lo and behold on Monday morning my neighbours woke up to find their cars covered in a film of Saharan dust, and the local car washes had folk literally queing up to pay as much as £20 a pop, that's supply and demand at it's best. I warned them again throughout the day they were wasting their time and money but did they listen ?  Well some did, those that didn't will wake up to a dust covered car again in the morning because a light shower here has just dropped another coating.all over their bright shiny cars.

Mine is always covered in carp.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Mine is always covered in carp.

Same here :p

Clears skies in Saffron Walden now, hopefully there will be some sun and real warmth tomorrow.

Night all Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Same here Posted Image

Clears skies in Saffron Walden now, hopefully there will be some sun and real warmth tomorrow.

Night all Posted Image

Amen to that :)

• Like 1

Posted

Our wheelie bin has a coating of dust.......:D

Nighty night peeps. :)

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

been doing that as well bb

going to be close to me soon

Hi JP......you may well be in the firing line. I think its going to swing too far west for me.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

hi bb

should find out soon

i think its going to shift over to the west of me (only just though)

it may pick up again when it hits london so you may be more

in the firing line than me