Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Anyone not seen a flake of snow this season?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

0r any wintry precip at all, or ice days, I am now writing April off, for snow, I have seen wintry precip, mostly sleet, my best was heavy back edge snow off Atlantic air on 11th Feb, that gave a decent temporary covering

no ice days here, or freezing fog, no lying snow at all after 11am

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

0r any wintry precip at all, or ice days, I am now writing April off, for snow, I have seen wintry precip, mostly sleet, my best was heavy back edge snow off Atlantic air on 11th Feb, that gave a decent temporary covering

no ice days here, or freezing fog, no lying snow at all after 11am

Not even evap/cooling during April?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Nothing for me either. Unprecedented to go through Autumn, Winter and Spring with not a single flake.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Nowt in Gloucester in Autumn, winter or this Spring so far. I did drive through a sleety/ wet snow shower in Thornbury a while back but that is as good as its got!

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing here during Autumn, Winter or Spring so far, not even any sleet, never mind snow. Its unprecedented in this location.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

Not even a sleety tease here.

• Like 2

Posted

Nowt here either apart from a few minutes of impressive Hail in January. A few times I thought I saw some 'white' in amongst some globby splats on the windows. All in all a very disappointing season this time round for anything which could be described let alone viewed as Winter weather. Saving grace has been a couple of overnight sub-zero temperatures but even they failed to provide anything more than a light frost due to the persistent westerly breezes when the gales weren't blowing.

Roll on W2014/15 Posted Image

Edited by ChillyJuju
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

no snowflakes at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

No snowflakes, not even sleet or even frost at all...Posted Image

Posted

Has anywhere had an Ice day this winter? Lowest max here a ridiculous 3.5C and no min below -4, both records for at least the last 25 years. No day had an average temp (of max and min) below 0, which I think is unprecedented in decades round here. The number of clear, starry nights that didn't freeze was just ridiculous- something mysterious seemed to be stopping it getting below about 2C.

Hasn't been completely snowless here, briefly saw snow settle twice (overnight 13-14 Jan and morning of 11 Feb) but to less than 1cm and never on the ground at 0900 (again, anywhere?).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

No ice days here this winter although there have been several others with none; 87/88; 88/89; 89/90; 94/95; 2003/04 and 2007/08.

The lowest maximum of 2.3c was the highest on record in winter and 0 days with a mean temperature ( average of max' and min' ) of 0c or lower was unprecedented, although both 88/89 and 89/90 had just 1 each.

It certainly wasn't the least snowy on record though. There were 5 mornings with lying snow at 0900 and the accumulated depth of snowfall for the winter was 10cm, the third lowest total on record.

2007/08 holds the record for the least accumulated winter snowfall with 4.8cm and both 1997/98 and 2007/08 had fewer mornings with lying snow with 2 and 3 respectively.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Some light snow on Wednesday evening but nothing sticking,aprox 4 or 5 times we had a very light white cover but it was mostly hail than snow but we did have one snow /hail cover which lasted overnight.Like the general concensus,the most snowless winter here and almost certainly the least airfrosts with a min of -3 deg,quite a difference from last year which had the most airfrosts since 1979

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Almost certainly the record for the coldest temp of the winter[the highest minimum] will be broken,held by 1990 at -8.4 deg unless april can produce!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Yes, I saw some lying snow, only about 25 to 50 mms and it was when travelling over the Massif Central, France above 900 metres altitude during mid November - at the time it seemed to promise a good winter but alas :( it was not to be - the only other time we saw some wintry stuff was some sleet last weekend but neither of these episodes were in the official winter period.

Now we are in BST, I don't want to see any but hope for a barbecue spring, summer and autumn. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

the only white stuff ive seen for months has been dandruff,awful,awful about sums it up,hoping for a warm spring and summer with plenty of storms,then a kick-ass freezing autumn and winter,with more snow than you can shake a stick at

Posted

Had some flakes at times (and some hail showers) But nothing really too significiant and don't think actually too much landed on the ground at all (if it did which I can't really remember) it didn't last long

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

If i remember.... I think one morning, it started off as rain and then turn to snow, maybe one hour's worth but never settled.... That was my winter 2013/2014.

And just think this time last year we were still under -8 850hpa,

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

If i remember.... I think one morning, it started off as rain and then turn to snow, maybe one hour's worth but never settled.... That was my winter 2013/2014.

Posted Image

What a beautiful picture. So far 2013 is blowing 2014 out of the water at the same stage for interesting weather.

Anyway, I've seen no snow here, only a hail shower in Feb that lasted on the ground for a few hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Saw a brief snow shower in January whilst at work in Derby,but have seen no falling snow at my home address.Also had a slight dusting of snow whilst on holiday in Westhope,Shropshire on Jan 26th,but again have had no lying snow at home all winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Posted Image

That would be 11th Feb, good chart that, this time last year easter sunday, one of coldest ever, still was winter, Tue 2 Apr had my last snow last year

• Like 2