Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UV Index reports

Posted

I know most on here aren't to bothered about UV because it isn't directly related to weather as a whole but I am interested to see what UV index people experience in the coming weeks and months because I like tanning and it interests me.

I am yet to experience a UV index of above 3 this year because they have all occurred during the 3 out of the last 4 weekends and I work weekends but overall UV index's have been very low for the time of year but pollution is extremely high if you look on the met office site.

So anyway anyone who would like to comment or talk about the UV in their location or elsewhere in the coming months then feel free :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Quite a contrast to last year when the UV was much higher than it should of been for the time of year, but I'm sure we'll see some kind of recovery closer to, and in the summer months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

At least it means that the majority of the general public can properly enjoy the sun and warm weather without getting frazzled in the process of it. Luckily for me, I'm not one of those people that easily burn. Posted Image

I don't either man, it takes quite a high UV index for me to burn, but I look so much healthier with some colour in me. I for one cannot wait until summer when I can just sit outside with a nice cold Koppaberg and enjoy some proper warmth. Today was nice though, UV is still low, recovering to around 3 mid-week, but the sun is starting to feel properly warm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Already had the chance to sit in the garden this afternoon with the warm sun. Was very pleasant. :)

Posted

Going in the other direction down here. Clear sky UV index around 6-7 across the North Island as we move into April. Pretty much high summer values for the UK.

This time of year is generally much better for everyone I think. When the UV index hits 12 or 13 (sometimes 14) every day from late Nov to late Jan, it really isn't fun to be in the sun too long!

Posted Image

Edited by forecaster