Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 30th March 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Nice one Jane. Everything is fading out now. Damn!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Start as they mean to go on....NO STORMS HERE

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Absolutely incredible lightning strike just 100 metres from me. Still shaking. Loudest bang I've ever heard. What a storm that was!

A real beast from the East for you lot in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Yes certainly some action weather about ,some winners and losers but those lucky ones could see some good storms .Radar showing only a very slow progress westward but intensity looks good ,and still developing so surprises could pop up overnight and again tomorrow .bring on the darkness flashes ,i might go on a flash watch tonight peeping out of window ,Snow starved after this winter so lets hope we all get our storms ,looks good around gloucester area keep the reports coming in ,cheers .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Is it me or is the stuff to the east losing intensity? Not expecting any thunder and lightning here, just moderate rain. A few surprises may pop up though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A real beast from the East for you lot in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire!

not really a fan of thunderstorms myself, tho lm interested in them for other reasons, however l can vouch that it was pretty nasty for a good 45mins through hereford. l lost count after about 30 or so strikes.. lm hoping we dont get any more here this year lol everyone else can have them, after all lm only interested in knowing how to predict the possibility of them rather than seeing them.. not that l dont find them interesting.. just dont like them around my computer equipment :pthat being said, the will it thunder page was out on its prediction :/ Edited by timeless

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

weird just saw 2 flashes outside my window, no sound associated with them tho.. and going by the detectors (Met Office and Blitzortung) they seem to have passed further west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Nice one Jane. Everything is fading out now. Damn!

Thanks Karl  :) It was another rumble of thunder I heard about an hour ago but nothing since then.But wow It was so good to have a storm earlier  today. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Nothing but rain here today, good that people are getting storms though reminds me of the April showers we used to get frequently.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

My WS at home in West Wales recorded 8.5mm in 45 minutes to 2130.

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing but rain here today, good that people are getting storms though reminds me of the April showers we used to get frequently.

Same here just down the road from you Meso ( assuming you are in Watford this weekend ). Close but no cigar thunderstorm wise.

Since you  also mention April showers I am racking my brains to remember one particular April and pinpoint the year. It would have been in the early 1990's and I had a temporary job with the local council undertaking ground maintenance for council owned areas. During that month we were rained off more often than not, and it seemed like every other day we had thunderstorms, many  of them real corkers. If anyone can remind me what year that was I would really appreciate it.

Back to the here and now.....it's been raining heavily for the last couple of hours, but the radar is suggesting we should be clear shortly.