Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Masters Research Module - Need Suggestions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Hi,

I am hoping someone may be able to help me out here, and if this is in the wrong place, please move as you feel necessary. I am doing a Masters by Research and I have chosen the area of data mining, statistical analysis and data visualisation for climate and historical weather data.

I have done a previous module in which I discussed some ideas for a basic analysis of historical weather data - correlations, associations between different data attributes. I have also given a basic overview of characterising data, clustering data and so on.

The presentation went well, but to develop on this in the next module they said they wanted to see a really heavy analysis of a set of data, analysing data over time, frequency of events over time and especially causality (causes that made certain weather events happen).

The question is, where do I start? How can I make the statistical analysis of weather data heavier? Are you aware of any trends that might be interesting to investigate?

If you could even start to point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike.