Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

ACTION REQUIRED - login changes

Paul

Posted

We've changed the login system today to use secure pages for all logins, password changes etc. This will have the knock on effect of some browsers forgetting login information for the forums, so if you can't remember your current password and find yourself locked out, just use the forgotten password link on the page and the system will send an email to you straight away. 

We would recommend that you take the opportunity to update your password, and also check that your email address is up to date which you can do on the page below:

https://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email

Thanks

Paul

• Like 1

Posted

No, not specifically but the news surrounding that pushed the thought of making the forum logins secure to the forefront of our minds a little more! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Ah! That explains why I couldn't log in. That's good then. :)

Posted

If I logged onto the forum with no problems (IE11 user), I'm assuming that I do not have to take any further action? (and that resetting passwords only applies to those that encounter problems when they attempt to log in?) //d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Posted

Thanks Paul. I had assumed that would be the case, but I thought I'd just make sure. //d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/blush.png

Following your recommendation, I did discover a few minutes ago that I hadn't updated my email address, but it's up-to-date now. //d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif //d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

• Like 1