Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Copy/Paste and 'Quote'

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

For some reason I am unable to copy/paste, or copy a post by using the quote function on this particular computer on NW site - it works with other computers and I can copy paste using other programs, for example  'Word' -

Any Ideas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

"Clearing your browser cache" This'll do the job http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download. download the free one, it's so easy to use :)

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

Cleared my browser - that must have done something because I had to log on again - but the problem still exists - it's not the end of the world though I can still do these things on lap top - the problem is with a PC I keep in France.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

That reminds me, Mike: how does one use the multiquote function? :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

That reminds me, Mike: how does one use the multiquote function? :oops:

Click the [MultiQuote] button in one or more quotes and the popup box at the bottom is the one to finally click on to include the selected quotes [Reply to # quoted posts]

Edited by Jax

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I clicked the multi quotes and ended up with an English Language version of the small ads at Montpellier :wallbash:

Posted

Click "Quote" for the first post you want to quote, and then click "multiquote" for subsequent ones. Seems to work for me, although I haven't got a clue how.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

Dancer, I tried your 'Piriform' - it ain't made no difference. - Still baffled.

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Dancer, I tried your 'Piriform' - it ain't made no difference. - Still baffled.

Q... Do you remember when it worked! If so, the only thing i can suggest is Recover you PC back to an earlier point in time, ie 'before you had the problem'

When i've had niggly problems with mine, 9 times out of 10 this cures it.

Click on your Windows icon ( bottom right) Then type into the search (Recovery Manager)

click on advanced opitions then (earlier point in time) then select date (from more than 5 days earlier)

This won't affect any of your personal files ...Good luck :)

Edited by Dancerwithwings