Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Plenty of storms heading south from the south of Scotland into northeast England, I might get a storm yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frightning Lightning !!

Recent hail/rain shower but its still dark over towards stockton /Darlo .......watching and waiting now .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

No storms again , just a lovely sunny day !!!....

Same here. Unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Had a really good thunderstorm right overhead here in Newcastle at about 7:30ish.

The hail was intense too!

First thunderstorm in ages!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Going to take up plane spotting instead of waiting for a thunderstorm. At least i will get to see a aircraft....

• Like 2

Posted

17.2c here already and bright sunshine think after a stroll round glossop for haircut, popping in garden centre and grocers ill take up a place on patio to catch some rays....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

As expected, the thundery activity had been dramatically reduced for our region, with cooler temperatures now anticipated to arrive a little earlier (cool = fresher). 

It looks a little confused in the models, but the GFS and UKMO agreeing on a cooling down, more unsettled view, whilst the ECM is on it's own in prolonging the heat now. Not sure what this means for the medium-long term, but just in case, I'm going to enjoy today as much as possible!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Lovely sunny and warm again today temp currently 22.1c , clouds are starting to bubble up though and the wind is picking up,maybe some storms later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Another warm breezy sunny day but not as warm as yesterday. Seems to be clouding over a bit now and getting cooler .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

As expected, the thundery activity had been dramatically reduced for our region, with cooler temperatures now anticipated to arrive a little earlier (cool = fresher). 

It looks a little confused in the models, but the GFS and UKMO agreeing on a cooling down, more unsettled view, whilst the ECM is on it's own in prolonging the heat now. Not sure what this means for the medium-long term, but just in case, I'm going to enjoy today as much as possible!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It has picked up again over the last few days after initially being downgraded, so for some of our region, we could have some interest over the next couple of days.

Good potential for inland areas I feel. 

From an IMBY point of view, I'm not really confident there is enough energy available to allow for storms here.. it's a little difficult to get storms here with the topography, the neighbouring topography and the effect that had in lowering dewpoints, and thus CAPE. So I'm fairly sure storms will pass us by here, however, perhaps Cheshire, Manchester and further north towards Liverpool could cash in on todays scenario.

Posted

Hovering just below 21C,3C up on yesterday this time.There is a subtle haziness today.

• Like 1

Posted

19.6c here blue skies but yeah a very subtle haziness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

23C, sunny, toasty.

Posted

Not much here that would indicate any potential storm activity. It is warm and fairly humid but no sign of anything.

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Some strong convection kicking off here.  I'm probably sat here in the breeding ground for anything kicking off further north.....  again !!  lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Currently 27.1c here in the sun, lots of cloud building, fingers crossed for later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Temp up to 27.9c now in my garden, breezy and some large convective clouds building up out towards the River Mersey/Irish sea area