Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

I prefer my weather to be more seasonal… So while I don't mind September like this, I want mother N to flick the switch to Atlantic storms on the first of Oct, and a blast of frosts in November…. Followed of course, by Thunder snow for the following three months!

I don't ask for much, do I?!?!?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The closest thing to Autumn I've seen modelled in the reliable time frame... will end up turning to the CFS soon.

B4AKD8E.png

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I recorded a max temp of 20.6c today,certainly warm for late Sept. Probably the last time i record temps in the 20s until next spring/summer. Doubt the temps over the next few days will be quite as high and at last looks like so more normal autumnal temps later in the coming week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I see some woke up from their summer hibernation a few weeks ago,then went back into hibernation again for the next while when the weather got warmer lol.

I wish the weather would cool down and we got more normal autumn temps,will just have to grin and bear it for now.

Shhh, I'm sleeping here! Back to my dreams of snow 10ft high :)

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

sun just out .. last day of summer ? I hope not . Snow can stay in dreamland a little longer :)

Posted

It has been a great September but I have a feeling that it will make up for the missed rain between now and Christmas.

Despite the good summer, most of Ireland is still above average rainfall-wise for the year so far, which shows just how wet the first few months of the year was.

However, it does look like a very wet few days coming up, especially for the south.

• Like 1

Posted

Plenty  of rain here yesterday and last night. Nice sunny clear skies this morning,cool and fresh,temp 9.1c.

Proper Autumn weather at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

hi everyone. hope ye all had a great summer and what a good one it was. first storm of the autumn proper coming up. weather warning issued by met eirann for strong winds and heavy rain possible 40mm, could be some flooding around tomorrow. it certainly feels more autumnal now.

the summer slumber is over, exciting times ahead with winter on the horizon, hopefully a cold and snowy one.

• Like 3

Posted

Lights went out for 2-3 seconds here already. Wind picking up nicely now. And looking at radar heavy rain nearly here. Roll on winter

Posted

Well that shifted a few leaves :)

hi there pom not too much to report here, just a bit of wind and rain during the night. :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted

It was nice to hear the sound of heavy rain and wind during the night, it's been too long!

Posted

It was nice to hear the sound of heavy rain and wind during the night, it's been too long!

it sure is void it was starting to get a bit unusual like we were in a dry country.

Posted

Hello Storm, good to see ya back bud we had a good blast of wind last night, eastern side of the north even more so

thankyou pom, its great to be back, summer is too long, :lazy:

I hope you had a splendid summer?

exciting times ahead eh with winter on the horizon. :)

not much of an event here in roscommon last night.

a cold night ahead it seems, the weather station out in garden reading 5.1.c already. :cold:

just had a look at ecm tonight and whats interesting is no polar vortex setting up in greenland right out to mid october. hopefully it stays that way.

• Like 1

Posted

8.6c here at midday- bit of a differance in temps to this time last week,the first day or two of last week the temps were at around 17c at midday here.

Got down to 4.3c last night the lowest ive recorded so far this autumn.

Posted

temp got down to -0.5c out my back garden :cold: at 7:55hrs, a beautiful scene this morning with clear blue dazzling skies and a white frosted landscape, perfect autumn morning. beautiful sunny day now,

hi there sundog long time no read. hope you had a good summer. :good:

Posted

temp got down to -0.5c out my back garden :cold: at 7:55hrs, a beautiful scene this morning with clear blue dazzling skies and a white frosted landscape, perfect autumn morning. beautiful sunny day now,

hi there sundog long time no read. hope you had a good summer. :good:

Hi  there stormforce,yes i had a decent summer thanks hope you did too. I was 2 weeks in west cork in july with my family. It was a decent summer weatherwise overall but in last month the weather was doing my head in a bit as i just wanted autumn to arrive which it certainly has now. :)

Hope we get a better winter then last which im sure we will for starters anyway.

Edited by sundog

Posted

Hi  there stormforce,yes i had a decent summer thanks hope you did too. I was 2 weeks in west cork in july with my family. It was a decent summer weatherwise overall but in last month the weather was doing my head in a bit as i just wanted autumn to arrive which it certainly has now. :)

Hope we get a better winter then last which im sure we will for starters anyway.

yes had a good summer got loads done in the garden. yes i agree september dragged on and on, now things much better.

It has to be a better winter cold and snow wise, we couldn't have gotten any worse than last winter. 

exciting times ahead

talk later. :)

• Like 1