Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June 2014 CET Forecasts

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Indeed and actually it'd not suprise me if this is the third cool June on the trott.

Lower me to a bang on average 14.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

14.9 - marginally above average though hard to tell 

Posted

Have no strong feeling for June. It is like April and May quite a tricky month to predict. I'm going for 15.4 degrees. Nightime minima once again helping to keep mean temps above average, but some chilly days at times.

Today is a good case in point, we maxed at 11 degrees, yet minima looks like holding out at 10 degrees, producing a 10.5 degree mean, despite maxima being 3-4 degrees what you would expect here by late May - the CET value can be very misleading.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

An average month i reckon,14.6c for me please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Below is the June CET in blue, with the 10 year mean in red/orange and the linear trend in black.

Posted Image

The correlation between May and June is 0.27, which is slightly below the average of all the consecutive monthly pairs, which means that the CET in June is less likely to have a similar anomaly to the CET in May that the other consecutive months.

As May looks like finishing somewhere between 12.0C and 12.5C after corrections, the June's that followed May in that range averaged a value of 14.7C.

Seeing as the trend has been flat, and we've had both warm and cold June's in recent decades, there's no particularly remarkable stats or records to mention!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

15c please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think this will be the start of below average months (just when you don't want them)

14.3c please

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

13.9C, thanks

• Like 1

Posted

Seeing as the trend has been flat, and we've had both warm and cold June's in recent decades, there's no particularly remarkable stats or records to mention!

Thanks for posting the graph.  The flat trend is interesting in itself, as we're probably overdue an anomaly of some sort there, whether warm or cold, with the last 'unusual' CET June in 1991.  It's quite odd in itself that none of the top 17 CET Junes have occurred since 1990, and only one appears in the top 25 (2003).

If this were 1787 on the other hand, we might have been wondering what was going on, since 1772, 1775, 1781, 1785, 1786 were all warmer than 16C (i.e. any June we've had since 2003).

Posted

We've had plenty of anomalous Junes since 1976, so far as sunshine and rainfall are concerned. More 100mm plus Junes in the last 35 years than the previous 100.

Theres a June sunshine graph on the MO site; it shows a gradual decline over the last century with a particularly noticeable drop in the late 1970s from which it hasn't recovered.

June really isn't what it used to be, look at all the hot ones between 1750-1850 especially. If we can manage a subzero December surely we can get a 17C plus June?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

this time im gona take a wile stab. 14.7c d

Posted

Despite signs in the models showing a cooler June, I've still got a feeling its going to be another above average month, though not exceptionally so.

15.1C

Edited by reef
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

14.8c please.....a game of two halves for June?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

14.6C please.