Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June 2014 CET Forecasts

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yes I reckon my 15.7c will be a little high unless we see a late heatwave!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Despite the fairly high maxima it does appear that the position of the high will leave me in with a chance of being close, especially with cooler uppers on the way.

Posted

Down or up from now on? That is the question!

• Like 1

Posted

If BFTV is correct to the 20th then i can't see 15.2C being the end result.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Sunny Sheffield dropped down to 15.2C after yesterdays cool day. Another drop today as well.

Posted

Down or up from now on? That is the question!

Still at 15.2 to the 16th  maybe not too much change up or down for a while Tony.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks David, it could well be the finishing figure

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yesterday's update

15.2c to the 16th

1.5c above the 61 to 90 average

Today's update

15.2c to the 17th

1.4c above the 61 to 90 average

Posted

Thanks David, it could well be the finishing figure

Could well be Tony,having said that 15.3 should be the final figure after corrections :rolleyes:

Posted

Past the high way juncture and based on the foreseeable outlook it looks like we will finish comfortably above average yet again - easily 1 degree above average. Not sure the last time we saw a run of 7 months 1 degree above CET average, I suspect we have to go back to September 2006 - April 2007 when I think we achieved 8 in a row.. wonder if we can beat this...

It will inevitably be only a matter of time the run is broken mind..

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns

September 2007 through March 2008 was also a 7 month period of above average temperatures.  Also April 2008 had broken a potential 9 month mild run from September 2007 through May 2008 and July 2009 had broken a potential 10 month mild run from February 2009 through November 2009.  Also February 2012 broke a potential 7 month mild run from September 2011 through March 2012 and November 2013 has broken a potential 12 month mild run from July 2013 through June 2014.

Edited by Craig Evans
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

I knew I should have gone for 15.5c but got took a risk that the final week would be hot, although it does look like it could very warm for a time next week across the south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

I'll be happy to be well out with my 15.2C prediction if this heat continues.

What would we need June to finish on to match the warmest 6 months of the year 2007 record of 9.7?

Posted

Its pretty unlikely at the moment, we'd require June to finish on 16.4C for that. 15.3C would put us in 2nd place though.

The previous highest first 6 months on record was 2007 with a mean of 9.70C.

Next month things get interesting though as June and July only need a total 0.6C positive anomaly between them for the warmest first 7 months on record.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns

And so a whole year later the post June 2013 mild train is still running strong apart from a missing car in November 2013.

• Like 2

Posted

If only it could find another 0.1c!

• Like 1