Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bonus Chase Day 2 21st May Colorado bound

Paul Sherman

Posted

Tom here as Paul is driving at the moment.

We are just trying the get out of Fort Worth , road works a nightmare.    Two vans rolling as Dave has taken a hit for the team and will be following on later once the two final guest arrive.  we will meet up with them tomorrow. 

John is driving the second vehicle. 

Our destination is to begin with is Goodland, Kansas. 

Over and out for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

Have a great tour 2 guys, it's looking good over the next few days, over the weekend and into next week.

Posted

Good luck tour 2!

I had posted some musings on the T2 outlook thread but will have another look later.

Extreme W CO for me this evening.

Note: could be decent set-up for the famous DCZ (Denver convergence zone)

Edited by nsrobins

Posted

Goodland KS nearer the better upper flow, further west into CO for initiation and low-;level shear generated by the Denver Low.A trip too far maybe but in virtual land I'd be looking at Limon, CO or even areas northeast of Denver Metro for this one.

Posted

Good luck tour 2!I had posted some musings on the T2 outlook thread but will have another look later.Extreme W CO for me this evening. 

Western CO, you mean beyond them thar Rockies?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Tornado-warned supercell slap bang over Denver metro, they may have to close Denver Airport. Fair few chasers on it, but not the best place to chase I imagine!

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/national.php?prodtype=tornado

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDTORNADO WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DENVER CO156 PM MDT WED MAY 21 2014THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DENVER HAS ISSUED A* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  NORTHWESTERN ARAPAHOE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST COLORADO...  CENTRAL DENVER COUNTY IN NORTHEAST COLORADO...  WESTERN ADAMS COUNTY IN NORTHEAST COLORADO...* UNTIL 230 PM MDT* AT 156 PM MDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A  TORNADO WAS LOCATED OVER COMMERCE CITY...OR 6 MILES NORTHEAST OF  DENVER...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 10 MPH. THIS TORNADO WARNING REPLACES  THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING THAT WAS IN EFFECT.  HAZARD...TORNADO AND HALF DOLLAR SIZE HAIL.  SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.  IMPACT...FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR.  TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  DENVER...NORTHWESTERN AURORA...SOUTHERN THORNTON...EASTERN  ARVADA...SOUTHERN WESTMINSTER...COMMERCE CITY...SOUTHEASTERN  NORTHGLENN...BRIGHTON...EASTERN ENGLEWOOD...GREENWOOD VILLAGE...  FEDERAL HEIGHTS...SOUTHWESTERN DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND  BARR LAKE. 

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

The local doppler radar may get knocked out by that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Some good streaming on an amazing looking storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

http://www.severestudios.com/player-full/jeffrey.gonzales/

- this and the Denver Channel as per OddSpot's post/link have some great views

Edited by cloudsabove

Posted

I'm finding the storm chase live stream very confusing this year. It was on earlier, then it disappeared with usual error when trying to play video message. Then it disappears altogether & gets replaced by one a few days old. Don't know if they're broadcasting or not. Obviously too late for this year, but it would be beneficial if we could go back to only the current live stream being displayed, with older ones archive to a separate area. Sorry to moan, I know it's all free & I am grateful, but I hate to think I might be missing something!

Posted

My area has just had a severe thunderstorm warning expire - the loud beeps have just ended. Incredible skies here in Fayette Co, OH; don't think I've ever seen a sky so dark at 6pm.

Scratch that - another warning enforced.

Edited by Dan the Man

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

I'm finding the storm chase live stream very confusing this year. It was on earlier, then it disappeared with usual error when trying to play video message. Then it disappears altogether & gets replaced by one a few days old. Don't know if they're broadcasting or not. Obviously too late for this year, but it would be beneficial if we could go back to only the current live stream being displayed, with older ones archive to a separate area. Sorry to moan, I know it's all free & I am grateful, but I hate to think I might be missing something!

hello!

i am currently working the stream and it all depends on the data signal that we have.  Colorado is not the best place for data so please bear with us and we will stream as soon as data is back on!

with this post it seems i have a signal!  

Gee

Posted

When the stream is live there's a red box at the top which says 'broadcasting live' or something similar. 

Posted

Don't know if other people j have the same sort of problems, but I have found trying to watch the stream on an ipad this year to be very sloooooo. With a 33Mb download that I have it just seems to take a long time to load and run, to the point I have given up (sad to say but true) I have watched, Severe studios TVN and others, which is disappointing really. I did get better results from previous years.

Posted

So NE Colorado looks the place to be for the next few days give the next surge of moisture due to arrive in the area, before drying out at the weekend/start of next week. Great place to be usually for structure, camera's at the ready..

Posted

Don't know if other people j have the same sort of problems, but I have found trying to watch the stream on an ipad this year to be very sloooooo. With a 33Mb download that I have it just seems to take a long time to load and run, to the point I have given up (sad to say but true) I have watched, Severe studios TVN and others, which is disappointing really. I did get better results from previous years.

We're actually using one of (if not the) leading streaming providers in the world this year in Livestream. I've not heard of any other problems with ipads on there, so perhaps it's just an unlucky timing thing in that you're tuning in while the signal is bad and the stream is struggling?

Posted

So NE Colorado looks the place to be for the next few days give the next surge of moisture due to arrive in the area, before drying out at the weekend/start of next week. Great place to be usually for structure, camera's at the ready..

Sunday-Monday onwards, looks to be the next 'severe' event after today.