Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 22nd May 2014 onwards

Liam J

Posted

We had a absolute beast of a storm around 15:00 the CG lightning, lit the room purple :clap: Constant thunder and torrents of rain, on the basis of that today has been a success, Best storm of the year :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Looks like I could have intercepted the storms today, I had been doing gardening work and the boss decided to work until 4.30 instead of 3.30. That unfortunately made me miss my opportunity for a chase. Too late now it's too far north and it doesn't look to be creating new storms behind it. Big shame as the last 3 days has seen storms not near enough for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Me jealous..... No chance honest

Posted

Looks like there may be more cells developing south of London... Dont count your chances out yet folks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Considering this week looked wet and thundery, we've seen barely a few mm of rainfall here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

There's always tomorrow? Or next month? Year..take your pick lol.

Used up our storm quota for the year here already.....that storm 6 weeks or so back.

Posted

Hi all, Cleethorpes getting darker, been raining for a while, had a strike near to Binbrook about 20 mins ago. Darker now to the south west. Gonna jump in the car and head south down the coast road and see what happens, seems to be a bit of a disco towards the wash judging by the live detector.

Regards

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The Radar is showing some heavy rain around the Mansfield area, Then hopefully moving N/W somewhere between Chesterfield and Doncaster. 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Its almost like the missing piece of the jigsaw from earlier. But yeah, very rapid development.

That started life as a few sharp showers over Warminster. Wouldn't bet against it turning thundery soon. If it does you have me to thank lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Been a bit lively here in South Lincolnshirehttp:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifimage.jpg

So cool.

Next best thing to thunder and snow is hailstorms!

Posted

The Radar is showing some heavy rain around the Mansfield area, Then hopefully moving N/W somewhere between Chesterfield and Doncaster. 

Is that for later this evening? 

Posted

well, about 30 kilometers east of my location action take place right now, very high reflectivities (most likely hail), high flash rate ( http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=de&bous ) und severe gusts!

Edited by Knoxgar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

So 2 thunderstorms in one week , decent thunder and lightning earlier but not a great deal of rain, tonight looks interesting further showers and storms developing to the south, perhaps third time lucky?

Posted

Used up our storm quota for the year here already.....that storm 6 weeks or so back.

I notice that the netweather maps suggest a convergence line running from Flamborough head to Liverpool tomorrow

Posted Image

Not sure what to make of that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I didn't get any Hail today, NO FAIR :nonono: i want a refund.

Posted

storm chaser report hail and supercell structures in Heidelberg, 30 km to the east of my town...

Webcam to the north of that cell: http://www.wetterpool.de/wetterwebcam-michelstadt-wetterstation-michelstadt-id1421

Edited by Knoxgar
  • Like 2

Posted

direct hit whaplode near splading lincolnshire excellant be better if it was night time tho as could of got some great lightening photos

i was hoping we might catch one over night, would love to be able to take some pics, but the storms we had today have been good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Been pretty poor here today tbh.We had around 15mm of rain overnight,1distant rumble of thunder around 4.15 and steady rain ever since,with a temperature of around 14 degrees.

• Like 1

Posted

Been pretty poor here today tbh.We had around 15mm of rain overnight,1distant rumble of thunder around 4.15 and steady rain ever since,with a temperature of around 14 degrees.

Been pretty poor here today tbh.We had around 3mm of rain overnight, 0distant rumble of thunder around any time and overcast ever since,with a temperature of around 12 degrees.

Posted

storm chaser report hail and supercell structures in Heidelberg, 30 km to the east of my town...

Webcam to the north of that cell: http://www.wetterpool.de/wetterwebcam-michelstadt-wetterstation-michelstadt-id1421

Refresh whole site for latest pics!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Very impressive and prolonged storm here in Peterborough today, on and off from about 3pm to 445pm. Several very close strikes and some gunshot type thunder. Mostly intercloud lightning. Intense rainfall and hail thrown in too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Well I must say that was a decent storm I had here! Impressive lightning and some really good rumbles! Only thing I didn't like was the fact we had a lighting bolt hit right between our building and the one next to us! Scared the life out of me lol we had a storm pass close around 2pm followed half an hour later by one right over head that lasted a good 40 minutes :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Over 2 hts now of thunder, lightning and torrential rain. I will be putting a video together shortly.

I'm glad to be based in Peterborough on days like this!