Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

High Hamer after the rain

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Nice Edit 4.. I have been thinking about getting one of those myself, Are they easy to control ?

Posted

The flying is so easy that you risk getting over confident.
Maintaining it with software updates and calibration is quite technical and requires a degree of confidence with computers.
Most here would manage I think.
Making something of the footage is a different matter and I'm still only learning Adobe Premiere.

It takes quite good stills too though.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

The flying is so easy that you risk getting over confident.

Maintaining it with software updates and calibration is quite technical and requires a degree of confidence with computers.

Most here would manage I think.

Making something of the footage is a different matter and I'm still only learning Adobe Premiere.

It takes quite good stills too though.

Posted Image

That's brilliant. Would be ideal 'mapping' the mining landscape in these parts. What exactly are you using as I must have missed that bit?

Posted

It's a DJI Phantom Vision Plus.For photos you could carry your own camera, especially something light such as GoPro on similar (e,g, SJ4000)  on a much cheaper quad.Video is a different ball game as the constant adjustments for wind and GPS positioning make it awfully jittery unless you have some kind of gimbal system, and costs mount up.

Posted

It's a DJI Phantom Vision Plus.For photos you could carry your own camera, especially something light such as GoPro on similar (e,g, SJ4000)  on a much cheaper quad.Video is a different ball game as the constant adjustments for wind and GPS positioning make it awfully jittery unless you have some kind of gimbal system, and costs mount up.

Cheers 4. My camera, Nikon D80, would be a bit heavy. I knew a bloke who did some clever stuff using kites and got some very good results but wind was always a problem so a bit limited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Seems a bit expensive for what it is. Was expecting a few hundred pounds not over a thousand pounds!

Posted

Yes but if you buy a gopro, a 3D gimbal, and an FPV system then a quadcopter that can lift it that will be more.

The gopro could be used in other situations though.
However the Vision Plus gives you full control of camera and its settings during a flight.

With the GoPro you have to set it off taking stills or recording and come home and land to change anything (or if you forget to start it you won't know till it gets back!)

I thought the cost comparable for a good SLR lens really.
I know which is more fun even if it doesn't last as long.

Posted Image

Edited by 4wd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Completely OT, but I keep reading the title as 'Hugh Hefner after the rain' :pardon: