Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stonehenge Summer Solstice Sunrise 2014.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

There are many stone circles locally round here, Like The Nine Ladies and Arbor Low, I usually have a walk up to catch the Sunrise during Summer Solstice, But couldn't be bothered to get out of bed this morning, If anyone has any videos or pictures of this mornings Solstice Sunrise please share...

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I love Arbor lowe, one of the best northern monuments. Been to a couple of 'gatherings' there back in the 80's including solstice.

Posted

I love Arbor lowe, one of the best northern monuments. Been to a couple of 'gatherings' there back in the 80's including solstice.

Only half a mile up the road from me GW. I always used to go up to the 9 Ladies up Stanton Moor just over the Valley in years gone by, But over recent years there seems to be crowds of people which spoils it for me, While Arbor Low remains quite with just a few there this morning.

Here's another pic off the net from this morning.

Posted Image

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1