Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

No storms, hate storms - post your storm related moans and groans here.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sorry mate but this is the rant thread i appologise futher if u work for them

Ncikos, there is ranting and there is trolling, a distinct difference between the two, and believe me your posting falls into the latter category. Your posts contain nothing but unsubstantiated complaints with nothing to back them up. You have been sent pm's by various members of the site team requesting you have a think about your style of posting, but as of yet, you seem to ignore the advice given. So, once again, on behalf of the site team, I respectfully request that you tone down the content of your posting, or at the very least, post some kind of genuine reasoning (including hard facts) of your complaints.

It is worth noting that this site, indeed all meteorological sites are governed by the same laws regarding defamation and potentially libellous comments

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 5

Posted

My mate didnt go to the bristol harbour festival cus of the pathetic warnings made by the met office.He lives in south wales and didnt make the trip cus of bad thunderstorms forecast which didnt happen.What winds people up even more is the lack of a apology.Why is it u never hear a weatherman/woman appolgise when they get the weather forecast so wrong.Take the flooding on the somerset levels the way the bbc were talkin about it at the time the whole of somerset was underwater NOT so.The met office and the bbc are as bad as the daily express for ramping things up.As far as im concerned there a disgrace RANT OVER lol

I refer you again to what was actually said, do you understand how thunderstorms occur, how they hardly ever, unless on a very active cold front, never ever occur over a whole area?

Met O outputs stated on every warning I saw something along the lines, 'not everyone will see a storm but...'

Blunt but can neither you nor your mate in S Wales not read English. If not I do apologise for having this rant at you. But do think carefully before making some of your statements please.

• Like 3

Posted

Do you not read the news?? Several houses were struck by lightning which set their house on fire. A lady was throw backwards against a wall after her sky dish was struck.

I think the weekend's storms were more than worthy of a warning. This is the UK, we don't see storms like this every day.

And last week one person out of millions will have got lucky on the lottery. So what could the hapless victims of lightning actually have done to prevent their misfortune, having been amply forewarned of it, and should the millions of others who did not suffer a strike have prepared likewise? I looked a right prat with that copper strip trailing from my **** to the ground I can tell you, especially in the blazing sunshine. Weather warnings - pah. I've done with 'em.

Posted

All I'm saying is don't bash the forecasters for issuing a warning, they do say "Not all areas will see a storm, but those that do they have the potential to be quite severe" and as I said some houses were a victim of this warning.

My town was in the red zone for the warning, but all we got was a heavy rain shower and about 2 distant rumbles. So it must have been close, can't blame them for that.

To the person who said an apology should be issued. Are you serious?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Ive got a severe storm phobia and theress storm s forecastfornme this afternoon, can anyone tell me the likelihood of me catching one? X

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think people need to read up on the nature of thunderstorms. If you see yourself in a warning area and assume you're 100% guaranteed a thunderstorm, then you are sadly mistaken and ill-informed, and likely to be disappointed.

In case people weren't aware, the Met Office warnings have a text counterpart from both the general forecast AND the assessment of the chief forecaster. I think some people may have missed this! Next time you're under a warning area, give it a read :)

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

I always read it and it never garuntees it says som areas may not see the rain, I just like to ask peoples opinions. Personally I judge my risk by looking at every reliable forecast I can but my other half calld it obsession because of my phobia lol

Posted

I think people need to read up on the nature of thunderstorms. If you see yourself in a warning area and assume you're 100% guaranteed a thunderstorm, then you are sadly mistaken and ill-informed, and likely to be disappointed.

In case people weren't aware, the Met Office warnings have a text counterpart from both the general forecast AND the assessment of the chief forecaster. I think some people may have missed this! Next time you're under a warning area, give it a read :)

All they had to do was say that South Yorks was,is,and forever will be immune, and everything would've been alright. Nick don't go off on one - we clearly have very different senses of humour and I mean no harm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I have said before I never studied meteorology, and as far as storms are concerned I am learning the basics because I plan to be a storm spotter. I never take ANY forecast as gospel, I read every thing it says regarding any warning on met0, and I have learnt that the percentage risks of storm mean nothing, considering I had a 0 risk last week and got quite a few storms, but nothing when it's said 80%. Therefore I take a forecast as a guide of what could happen, not would WILL happen.

Feeling like i'm treated like a kid at school with it all, when I'm not stupid just because I didn't study stuff. I'm here to learn and make sense of what charts mean and all the terms.

I am fed up having people who aren't in my area trying to flame me because I am moaning about lack of storms in a 'please moan' thread. 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted

Prime example: http://www.metcheck.com/UK/warnings.asp (hope this allowed)

Look at the map, I am right up in 'The Wash', in the yellow warning area. Yet the warning if you read it says storm developed in South Essex and heading South West. So very unlikely it will take a sudden U-turn and go North.

Posted

My mate didnt go to the bristol harbour festival cus of the pathetic warnings made by the met office.He lives in south wales and didnt make the trip cus of bad thunderstorms forecast which didnt happen.What winds people up even more is the lack of a apology.Why is it u never hear a weatherman/woman appolgise when they get the weather forecast so wrong.Take the flooding on the somerset levels the way the bbc were talkin about it at the time the whole of somerset was underwater NOT so.The met office and the bbc are as bad as the daily express for ramping things up.As far as im concerned there a disgrace RANT OVER lol

THESE people remind me of those idiots who consult the weather app on their iPhone and exclaim 'Oooooh we will be getting a thunderstorm at precisely 6pm' and then get upset when it doesn't happen, they think the weather is as predictable as a bus timetable. It's weird.Also try punctuation.
  • Like 1

Posted

Prime example: http://www.metcheck.com/UK/warnings.asp (hope this allowed)

Look at the map, I am right up in 'The Wash', in the yellow warning area. Yet the warning if you read it says storm developed in South Essex and heading South West. So very unlikely it will take a sudden U-turn and go North.

I would recommend using the Met Office warnings. But the yellow area is taking into account the possibility of storms developing elsewhere.

Posted

Thank you Nick.

But shows that you cant look at a warning area and say "Yes there will be a storm over my house later"

I was trying to make a point to'ncikos'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thank you Nick.

But shows that you cant look at a warning area and say "Yes there will be a storm over my house later"

you'll have a job doing that, he's history!  :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Thank you Nick.

Indeed! That's the point I was trying to make earlier, which unfortunately has been taken the wrong way by some. I wasn't criticising anyone by the way, merely trying to get people to view the warnings differently, rather than assuming they are guaranteed a storm.

Posted

Ah right fair enough.

My thanks were not sarcastic by the way. (hard to get your manner across on a forum) I look at about 6 weather forecasts per day, some are right more than others. Some read a station way to far away from me to predict my weather too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Lol most boring 'storms' ever. Dying off in minutes. Why don't the ingredients work?

Typical British storms. You couldn't sell them to the arctic! Bet people in Waterlooville are grumpy they missed out this afternoon - feel for you guys, was expecting raucous T&L and then while at work we got a naff half hour rumble fest with lightning I never saw.

C**p.

Simply c**p.

Watching all the excitement happen somewhere else - always.

What a surprise - Kent has lightning. May as well be a different country. Oh look - a cell the othe side of london - oh look it died on it's 4R5E like the 162 storms before it.

What does lightning look like again, I forgot... Does it look like cake? Probably.

Worst place for any sort of even remotely exciting weather... Ever.

I'm moving abroad as soon as I have the money.

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Be thankful..I got nothing as usual but at least this time I wasn't forecast anything. watched all the storm past me by miles.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Isn't it worse to be sat in the middle of it and still get the leftovers? I'd probably be happier with wall-to-wall sunshine than pointless cloud.

Anyway bored of moaning, They keep being moved!

Posted

Isn't it worse to be sat in the middle of it and still get the leftovers? I'd probably be happier with wall-to-wall sunshine than pointless cloud.Anyway bored of moaning, They keep being moved!

yes, into the correct thread

• Like 1