Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2014 thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

I know it's early, but hopefully the mods don't mind the autumn thread being opened.

The second half of summer is well underway and the arrival of autumn 2014 is fast approaching. What will it hold, besides the leaves changing colour? Will it be a traditional unsettled autumn with rain, gales and thunderstorms or will it be a calm and settled one? Will it bring exceptional warmth like September 2006 and the autumn 2011 heat wave, or an early arrival to winter, just like November 2010 did?

We'll know very soon. :)

Posted

I know it's early, but hopefully the mods don't mind the autumn thread being opened. The second half of summer is well underway and the arrival of autumn 2014 is fast approaching. What will it hold, besides the leaves changing colour? Will it be a traditional unsettled autumn with rain, gales and thunderstorms or will it be a calm and settled one? Will it bring exceptional warmth like September 2006 and the autumn 2011 heat wave, or an early arrival to winter, just like November 2010 did? We'll know very soon. :)

Erm......... I don't know how to tell you this, but there is already an Autumn thread! :s
  • Like 2

Posted

Erm......... I don't know how to tell you this, but there is already an Autumn thread! :s

I thought that was just for predictions. This is the general weather chat.

• Like 1

Posted

Do we need both at this range?

I don't know... I made this because there was the Summer 2014 thread, so why not do the same thing for autumn?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

It's really unnecessary at this range. 

Despite of which, I don't really want to be discussing the most depressing and vile season of the year in the height of Summer. 

Edited by matty007
  • Like 3

Posted

It's really unnecessary at this range. 

Despite of which, I don't really want to be discussing the most depressing and vile season of the year in the height of Summer. 

That's true, neither do I, but I started this because there are some on here who can't wait to talk about Autumn. I'm going back to the Summer thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

I know some still think that we're are in the height of summer and going by current weather they may have a point

personally speaking I think that's gone the nights are drawing and over the next couple of weeks this will be more evident than it already is so perhaps a thread like this while may not be popular is think is quite welcome in my opinion

Edited by Gordon Webb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

I know some still think that we're are in the height of summer and going by current weather they may have a point

personally speaking I think that's gone the nights are drawing and over the next couple of weeks this will be more evident than it already is so perhaps a thread like this while may not be popular is think is quite welcome in my opinion

Going by the meteorological Summer, no we're not in the height of Summer. Going by the actual weather though, we are very much in the height. In fact, the first two weeks of August can be argued as being the time when the heat over the continent is at it's peak. Doing a 3 month split between seasons is a very vague way of looking at it. I've known Summery weather in late September, just the same as I've known very wintery weather in late march. The seasons don't switch at the start of a month. 

While it's true that the nights are drawing in, it's still not to the extent that it is evidently noticeable, aside from monitoring it. And I still believe we have yet to see our maximum temperature of this year. There's still much life in this Summer. 

So while some would say Summer is at an end on September 1st, my experience with weather tells me it's often not actually over until mid to later September, and even later still if you get an indian Summer. 

In my mind, we're not even half way through Summer. 

Edited by matty007

Posted

it is too early to talk about autumn even though i hate summer, september is not an autumn month in my eyes autumn starts in october so still a good 10 weeks till autumn kicks in, just cos it gets dark a bit earlier in september don't make it feel like autumn to me unless its 12c and raining which is rare in September here

Edited by Tony27