Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What flora or fauna would you like to see extinct?

Posted

If you had the power with a single click of a finger to cause the extinction of a type of plant, animal etc what would it be?

For me, it would be horseflies.

What an obnoxious creature these are.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted

Rabbits, most years.What a menace they can be.Not just grazing crops to destruction, but wrecking young trees and hedges especially if there's deep snow for a few days.

Also undermining walls and making leg-breaking holes out in the field.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

You have to blame the peasants 4. Us Normans had them nicely holed up on remote islands ( seeing as they were too nice for the lowly classes) and those low lifes filched them.

What would I see go extinct? Mosquito........  Yup ,mosquito..... I'm sure there are plenty of critters to fill that particular void!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

I did think the horsefly was a good one but I have only been bitten with one once - very painful and took 6 weeks to get over it but the one I would make extinct would be mosquitoes - both myself and my wife get bitten by them from time to time and the deaths caused by malaria are still very high, so let's get rid of the mossies.

Incidentally it is the females who bite, to get the blood (nourishment) to lay their eggs but if you kill off all the females they would become extinct anyway.

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted

Rabbits, most years.What a menace they can be.Not just grazing crops to destruction, but wrecking young trees and hedges especially if there's deep snow for a few days.Also undermining walls and making leg-breaking holes out in the field.

I suspect a lot of Australian farmers would like to see the back of them!24 released rabbits in the 1850s started the problem.

Posted

Whilst there is a place for everything and everything has its place, the Higland midgie is a feasome beastie that I've seen bring a grown man to tears!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Couple of good ones already like horseflies although for me I think it would have to be Wasps!

Utterly pointless creature that stings you just for the hell of it and is provoked just by being in wrong place. They barely make a difference when it comes to pollinating vital crops and tend to do more damage than good with fruit crops. So I say kill them all! :diablo: