Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Bang on 120mm so far here in my location.

111mm here so far. Monday and the remainder of August looks wet so should be comfortably above average. 1,431mm for 2014 so far and wettest part of year still to come, should get above 2,000mm unless the rest of the year is dry.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Indeed you are set for 2000mm with ease Bobby, it should only take one very wet, say 250mm, month to secure that out of the remaining 4. What is the wettest year there BTW?

998.5mm here, so a few more showers to break 1000mm! We only need rainfall to work out average for the rest of the year to make 2014 my wettest (1553mm 2008)

Edited by TonyH

Indeed you are set for 2000mm with ease Bobby, it should only take one very wet, say 250mm, month to secure that out of the remaning 4. What is the wettest year there BTW?

998.5mm here, so a few more showers to break 1000mm! We only need rainfall to work out average for the rest of the year to make 2014 my wettest (1553mm 2008)

The wettest since I've been recording is 2008 with 2,160mm. 2012 had 2,091mm. If the rest of the year has average rainfall we will beat 2008. So an above average last 4 months could be pushing records going way back.

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just 47.8mm for August here. About 18mm less than July but next week might bump it up.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Down to 13c yet again under a plague of weak showers and no sunshine yet all day  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It hit 20°C not long ago. Decent sunny spells after the early rogue shower.

Down to 13c yet again under a plague of weak showers and no sunshine yet all day  :cold:

Wow! You really have had some bad luck with the weather lately. :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Currently in Minehead - looking up the B. Channel.

Nice breeze and sun is fairly warm. :)

post-20399-0-62231100-1408726098_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A pleasant day here near Abergavenny. Good sunny spells. Looks like Stourbridge is having some sunshine too. Just the North Midlands suffering as usual. Mapantz, you have done well but the shelter from the Northerly winds has much to save you from the worst!

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks a shocker tomorrow rain most of the day, but good thing is tomorrow the last day of the horrid NW wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The recent 'cool and unsettled' spell has certainly seen temperatures lower than average but not that unsettled here.

Just 10.3 mm of rain in the last 12 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The weather is of a fairly high-quality this morning - sunny, but it could do with being a few degrees warmer as it feels rather cool outside at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The weather is of a fairly high-quality this morning - sunny, but it could do with being a few degrees warmer as it feels rather cool outside at the moment.

Glad to hear costadelsolihull is doing fine this morning, pretty much the same here in Weymouth, hope to hit the dizzy heights of 18c-19c today...Dreading Monday! A day for the amusements methinks ;) Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

An overnight low of 7.1c, Currently 9c with a few light showers this morning leaving 0.3mm so far, West 7.3mph 

Posted

Actually started quite decently today but cloudzilla and the howling Cheshire Gap breeze is back now, 13c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Overcast and quite breezy at the moment gusting WSW 14.6mph, plenty of showers about but remaining dry.

A cool night with a low of 5.5C current temperature is 15.7C and rising at 2.2C in the last hour.

Posted

Glad to hear costadelsolihull is doing fine this morning, pretty much the same here in Weymouth, hope to hit the dizzy heights of 18c-19c today...Dreading Monday! A day for the amusements methinks ;)

The evil cloud seems to have taken away a lot of the blue sky in Costa Del Solihull now (lol). Such a greedy thing! I hope you're having a swell time down their! Yeah, Monday looks as though it could be manic. We need someone on here to find out where the rain shields' power sockets are and have those shields plugged in ready for Monday. :p Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Overcast and quite breezy at the moment gusting WSW 14.6mph, plenty of showers about but remaining dry.A cool night with a low of 5.5C current temperature is 15.7C and rising at 2.2C in the last hour.

Welcome to N/W :) Hope you like Stafford and the weather up their ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Getting clobbered by Cheshire Gap showers ...yet again. Will be glad to see the back of August..it's been garbage here.

Posted

Actually started quite decently today but cloudzilla and the howling Cheshire Gap breeze is back now, 13c

You really need sunzilla back! :good:Edit: Also a welcome to Cactus. :) Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Getting clobbered by Cheshire Gap showers ...yet again. Will be glad to see the back of August..it's been garbage here.

Same here, yet again down to 13c and tipping it down, worst August in my 23 years by far.

Posted

I'm probably only about 20 miles due south of you Conor, and yet we have had a lovely sunny morning, no showers. Bit breezy, but lovely out of the wind.

Posted

Same here, yet again down to 13c and tipping it down, worst August in my 23 years by far.

Really? Cloud well broken here, best spells of Sun for a few days.I wouldn't say it's been near the worst August I can remember (1992, 1993, 2008, 2010 were all worse), but the last 10-15 days have been one of the coldest spells I can remember in high summer. Along with early July 2000, late July 2005 and late August 1993.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Really? Cloud well broken here, best spells of Sun for a few days.I wouldn't say it's been near the worst August I can remember (1992, 1993, 2008, 2010 were all worse), but the last 10-15 days have been one of the coldest spells I can remember in high summer. Along with early July 2000, late July 2005 and late August 1993.

Its east of you where its a shocker, going to be bad rain here later, tuesday am is my worst so far