Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

September 2014 CET forecasts

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

13.8c please

Posted

Some ridiculously cool months showing when you look at the NOAA upstream analogs. A look at the synoptics in the archives show those months start with a strong GH and very cold north flow. The models are not showing anything similar - I'll assume it maybe comes later in the month.

13.2c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

13c would be nice, ta.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

14.9C, thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I am going to do a Craig Evans speciality.

15.5 please.

The only way this can go spectacularly wrong is with clearing skies in the second half of month at night,  was 1994 around 20th an example of widespread air frost, Kevin Bradshaw or TWS will know the answer??

Posted

Just in time! Up until a few days ago I thought September was likely to be very warm. However, I now feel although it's likely to be above average, I'm no longer thinking exceptionally so. 14.2C is my final answer!

Edited by Don

Posted

Don, you asked me about the autumn a few days back, sorry I didn't post anything in response, have not had much time to update my files, previously the outlook was for above or even much above normal temps through to the winter and then a more variable but near normal pattern. Will post updated thoughts soon. Have also had little time to study the forecast bust for August although I noticed it was warming faster in July than expected. Maybe just a need to shift the grid. Having coding issues, as in codes showing up on the screen in old posts that didn't show the codes before, but have posted a table of entries (the July one is now almost unreadable due to this coding business) in the other thread at this location:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75427-201213-and-201314-cet-competition-the-scores/page-4?&p=3031799

Posted

Don, you asked me about the autumn a few days back, sorry I didn't post anything in response, have not had much time to update my files, previously the outlook was for above or even much above normal temps through to the winter and then a more variable but near normal pattern. Will post updated thoughts soon. Have also had little time to study the forecast bust for August although I noticed it was warming faster in July than expected. Maybe just a need to shift the grid. Having coding issues, as in codes showing up on the screen in old posts that didn't show the codes before, but have posted a table of entries (the July one is now almost unreadable due to this coding business) in the other thread at this location:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75427-201213-and-201314-cet-competition-the-scores/page-4?&p=3031799

Thanks Roger.  Will look forward to your updated thoughts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

So August 2014 looks like being just another cool island in a huge ocean of mildness, another one off cool blip like November 2013?