Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

There was definitely a lot of rain during that Portsmouth thunderstorm, I was underneath it! My first day back at uni, not bad... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

It is really beginning to kick-off in North Eastern France, with Sferics also showing just South of Basingstoke:

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Heading this way! (those in the far South East look to have a wonderful chance of some impressive lightning)

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

It is really beginning to kick-off in North Eastern France, with Sferics also showing just South of Basingstoke:

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Heading this way! (those in the far South East look to have a wonderful chance of some impressive lightning)

Holey moley, I haven't seen a lightning map like this for ages! I've got the sound on Blitzortung and it's like a bloomin' Geiger counter in a nuclear reactor. Everywhere except Bourgogne damn it!!! Still our hour will come tomorrow...enjoy what you have got and stay safe :yahoo:

Developing over France, ~ they're developing over here to! A nice line of showers and some awesome thunderstorm! 

That's a storm as big as some of the current French ones in the south of the UK. Where is everyone who is underneath it?

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

An impressive storm heading into Wiltshire and some radar returns now showing up across the Worcestershire area. The Wiltshire storm looks to have quite a lot of lightning with it, heading in the direction of Marlborough/Devizes/Swindon. Another storm to the SW of London probably heading towards Reading but this one less intense.

It looks to be an interesting night ahead and then tomorrow could see more widespread developments and a little further north too. Unfortunately I am too far north to be able to sit and wait for storms to come to me on this occasion so a chase may be on the cards.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

That. Was. Intense. Whoever is north west of here is in for a real treat as the sun goes down

most lightning i've seen in a storm for a very long time (in England)

Are the storms meant to be elevated? because that really didn't look elevated, at least the leading edge. Some real swirling cloud and scud

Edited by Azazel

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Was at Gatwick earlier and there was thunder rumbling away from a cell just west of the airport as I left around 5pm, was very poor structure, so didn't take any pictures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

I'm in West Malvern and it's started raining. Some small cells going up around us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

An impressive storm heading into Wiltshire and some radar returns now showing up across the Worcestershire area. The Wiltshire storm looks to have quite a lot of lightning with it, heading in the direction of Marlborough/Devizes/Swindon. Another storm to the SW of London probably heading towards Reading but this one less intense.

It looks to be an interesting night ahead and then tomorrow could see more widespread developments and a little further north too. Unfortunately I am too far north to be able to sit and wait for storms to come to me on this occasion so a chase may be on the cards.

Karl, the anvil from that storm is huuuuuuuuge!!.........brilliantly defined against the fading light......there is lower level crud in front of it though that will hamper structural visibility when it arrives here, but hopefully will get a great light show in an hour or two!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

Something I've been wondering today, the storms in France are currently tracking NE, what's going to change to mean that they may cross the channel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Something I've been wondering today, the storms in France are currently tracking NE, what's going to change to mean that they may cross the channel?

They might not, but you've got enough support for your own "homegrowns"!

Posted

They might not, but you've got enough support for your own "homegrowns"!

That is very true but all the forecasts are saying that later tonight the storms are going to cross over?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Karl, the anvil from that storm is huuuuuuuuge!!.........brilliantly defined against the fading light......there is lower level crud in front of it though that will hamper structural visibility when it arrives here, but hopefully will get a great light show in an hour or two!

The fact the sun is now setting should help with that light show. Not jealous... honestly :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

That is very true but all the forecasts are saying that later tonight the storms are going to cross over?

Very hit & miss. The best of the action looks to be well inland in my view.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

forget waiting an hour or two......we can hear thunder from it already!!.....should be a real doozy

Posted

Very hit & miss. The best of the action looks to be well inland in my view.

Don't say that :( I went away on the 16th of July so I missed the biggest storm night for many years in Brighton and I haven't even seen a storm this year!

You don't often see it completely still down by the coast here, but it is tonight...

Posted

nice distant booms of thunder from the big storm incoming off the Marlborough downs  :D 

Posted

nice distant booms of thunder from the big storm incoming off the Marlborough downs  :D 

its a real beast if it's maintained its strength. Lots of lightning.

Any chance of anything else developing to my south east? looks like a little blob on the radar but i cant tell if its dying out

Posted

Thunder here now as well but this is from a small cell to the south of the main storm that is only just appearing on the radar over Warminster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Any chance of more forming? To the east?

Posted

Been exceptionally quiet on this thread for quite some time, would be glorious to get something before it is too late, it was like a mid summers day here.. Not typical of September, welcome all the same :good: