Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

WINTER 2014 / 15 PRELIMINARY VIEW - * COLD , POSSIBLY VERY COLD + DRIER THAN AVE *

SMU

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I can't see why he's being criticised, SM has already alluded to why he isn't releasing a winter forecast and doing so would only be repeating much of what has already been highlighted on the Net Weather winter forecast.

Exactly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

I won't repost them as they are both v. long posts - but until Steve's post on 23 November I was under the impression that he had already published a very comprehensive winter forecast - in the two posts (both much longer than those he has quoted above), on 26th and 29th October - I was surprised when he said there would be another instalment to follow as so much ground had been covered already.  I suggest forum members go back and read these in conjunction with the 'official' NW forecast to compare/contrast.

Edited by kate1
  • Like 1

Posted

Well Steve,

Whilst your forecast might be similar to this sites, many, including myself, would still like to read it. Indeed, yours is one of the few forecasts I look forward to each year.

I hope you reconsider.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Well Steve,

Whilst your forecast might be similar to this sites, many, including myself, would still like to read it. Indeed, yours is one of the few forecasts I look forward to each year.

I hope you reconsider.

Agreed Steve, you are one of the most respected and read posters so any winter forecast offerings by you are much anticipated. No one would expect yours to be fundamentally different to NW 's but your slant and explanation has always been an enjoyable read, so for the sake of many who were looking forward to your 30th November statement I would urge you to reconsider....if not a full forecast how about a detailed synopsis? Go on Steve, it's what makes forums interesting....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

Well Steve,

I hope you reconsider.

Agreed also,please reconsider.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Personally I'm a little gutted as I was looking forward to Mr Murr's take on winter despite any similarities with other forecasts. With this forecast cancelled I hope we will see more end of the day analysis from you over in the model thread!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It takes literally seconds to copy and past a forecast or link to one. I really can't see where the complication lies.. Other than gaining a whole bunch of pleas from some members whom were promised one. 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

In learning today that SM forecast is now no more.... For different reasons It feels very much like Black Friday  :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

In learning today that SM forecast is now no more.... For different reasons It feels very much like Black Friday  :cray:

...A bit OTT don't you think, there are plenty of other quality forecasts out there as well as the OP's.............I suggest you pm him if you're not happy?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Was it Steve that we use the scale they came up with for snowfall every year?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

...A bit OTT don't you think, there are plenty of other quality forecasts out there as well as the OP's.............I suggest you pm him if you're not happy?

Not OTT at all, I'm sure there was/is plenty on here that was looking forward to SM Winter forecast,

as Johnholmes stated "Totally baffled by your reaction" and that's me also, plus more disappointed than not happy.

But as you suggested there's more forecasts out there and quality ones at that http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=winter-outlook-in-depth;sess=

But Steve's got he's reasons and I'm going to leave it at that.

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Big Steve

Post it, you clearly have had these ideas for a while and the reasoning behind them.  On mine I have stated that if it replicates others its because its either luck, same external signals or teleconnections or a mixture of all.   

And you will put it in another way too....look at your prelim headline?  Come on....we ALL want to read it

regards

Fred

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Oh give me strength! Either he'll post or he won't. It'd be nice if he does, but hardly the end of the World if he doesn't.

The continued silence just seems like a childish sulk tbh.

Don't be so rude. He is one of the most respected, knowledgeable and interesting posters ever to grace these forums. I mean wasn't Steve the guy who brought things such as the SAI to the attention of all model viewers ? with the intention of using such in a forecast, only for Strat followers to incorporate this into there own forecast and release prior. I'd be peeved off too tbh.

• Like 6

Posted

Hat into the ring..love Steve's enthusiasm, jealous of his knowledge,  just get the feeling ego gets in the way.

Edited by KTtom
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Don't be so rude. He is one of the most respected, knowledgeable and interesting posters ever to grace these forums. I mean wasn't Steve the guy who brought things such as the SAI to the attention of all model viewers ? with the intention of using such in a forecast, only for Strat followers to incorporate this into there own forecast and release prior. I'd be peeved off too tbh.

with respect, was he?.....The SAI was incorporated into last years NW winter forecast, unless you're referring to a previous forecast SM has made for a previous winter?

anyhoos, if SM wants to publish his winter forecast then no doubt he will, if he doesn't, he won't....simples  :good:

I just assume that Steve feels the NW forecast encompasses pretty well all of what he expects so there is little point in issuing his in addition.

totally agree BA

• Like 2

Posted

I just assume that Steve feels the NW forecast encompasses pretty well all of what he expects so there is little point in issuing his in addition.

Not really, he got the hump cos NW forecast came out early........ But it didn't ......

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

His forecast by the sounds of his reaction, could be very similar if not the same as the NW forecast, so it will feel like to some members he has just copied it

• Like 1

Posted

locked again on request from OP

• Like 1