Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Holy Moses

knocker

Posted

I remember reading a paper about this some years ago promulgating the land bridge theory.

Dynamics of Wind Setdown at Suez and the Eastern Nile Delta

Wind setdown is the drop in water level caused by wind stress acting on the surface of a body of water for an extended period of time. As the wind blows, water recedes from the upwind shore and exposes terrain that was formerly underwater. Previous researchers have suggested wind setdown as a possible hydrodynamic explanation for Moses crossing the Red Sea, as described in Exodus 14.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0012481

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Many things in "the book" make no sense to me, walking on water, feeding millions on two fish and half a loaf, burning bushes with a message to think of a few and there must be some science behind it all if these events did take place.

Posted

Many things in "the book" make no sense to me, walking on water, feeding millions on two fish and half a loaf, burning bushes with a message to think of a few and there must be some science behind it all if these events did take place.

The paper I referred to above was in a book by a Cambridge science professor that had theoretical scientific explanations for many of the 'miracles'. I don't recall the title or the author and I it's no longer in my possession as it became one of the many that I lent to someone and it never made the return journey.

• Like 2

I can believe it - I have seen the sea breaching the sea wall at Valras Plage in a south easterly gale and it does in fact cause a 'high tide' from a non tidal sea (the Med) - some years ago with a combination of a south easterly gale and heavy rainfall the village of Cuxac (Aude) was flooded to a depth of 2 metres and there was some loss of life.

Here we had the wind pushing the waters of the sea and the Aude back up stream meeting the increased depth from the rainfall causing it to rise many by metres. So if it is sufficient to raise the water level on the windward side of the sea then surely there must be a decrease in depth the other side.