Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tornado report.

Supercell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I just had a phone call this morning to say that there has been a tornado during that thunderstorm yestreday. The other side of rugby (typical :-x ) has seen quite a few trees felled. It must have been a very local tornado as i totally missed it and here in my part of rugby there is no real evidence of any wind damage. I might go out later and see if theres any evidence of a tornadic presence when we go to town later on.

Posted

Supercell, when I witnessed the tornado here in October 2001 I was 200 yards away from it and there wasn't a breath of wind :shock: EERIE :!:

You must go and check out the damage :idea: :!:

When that storm started it's life around here yesterday there was one strong gust of wind just as the deluge started :shock: Otherwise total calm :?

Posted

I will do. I cannot believe it missed me :D It could have at least happenned over the moores where i would of had a great view but no it happens the otherside of rugby. Ah well i suppose i should be grateful that Rugby actually had a mini-tornado as i don't think Rugby has ever had one before :D

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

I was just bout to put that up :wink:

Posted

Yer thanks for that essan. I found out yestreday about it. Its a shame the tornado came soooo close and yet i didn't see it :(