Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

FANTASTIC update Barry, Friday could indeed prove eventfull as i was hoping it would :D:cold: :cold: :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

First winter since moving down into Huddersfield, gone from 310m to 145m, and the difference is incredible, as in, very very boring. Gales have become stiff breezes, and snow has become cold rain/sleet. How have all you 'lowlanders' survived on such meagre rations ???

Cant believe you have moved! Im trying to go upwards not downwards. Very interested in the weather over the next few days, hoping to see some snow this evening as showers will make it all the way across to the east coast over the next 48 hours, I will however have to head 200m upwards in the Moors/Wolds as im not sure 50m will be high enough.

Not a raging easterly guys but better than nowt :)

Posted

I was just going to say, the pennines are killing the showers atm, im right on the west of Sheffield and i can see clear sky to my east. Amazing watching the clouds melt.

lets hope they get further east tonight for everyone, and maybe the night cooling will help some wintryness get down to lower levels :)

Posted

I was just going to say, the pennines are killing the showers atm, im right on the west of Sheffield and i can see clear sky to my east. Amazing watching the clouds melt.

lets hope they get further east tonight for everyone, and maybe the night cooling will help some wintryness get down to lower levels :)

I would of thought so, showers are now making it over the A1 towards the Vale of York now, snow level looks to be currently 400-500m but I imagine that will drop overnight, how far is the question? the BBC are predicting sleet here so usually when its sleeting I only have to head to around 200m for guaranteed snow. we shall see...

• Like 1

Posted

Going to be spending the next two months in Leeds tomorrow just in time for the super exciting snowfall tomorrow night.

GFS looks fantastico for this region.

Posted

Going to be spending the next two months in Leeds tomorrow just in time for the super exciting snowfall tomorrow night.

GFS looks fantastico for this region.

Feeling good about Thursday night then? have to admit, I haven;t looked at the GFS in relation to us up here. Whats it saying?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Rain was getting a tad sleety i think about 10 minutes ago. Temperature is 3C with a dewpoint of 1C. 

GFS is actually suggesting rain to snow for tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms. Big ones.

The rain is turning to hail is turning to sleet is turning to snow up here in the Dales. Still very wet underfoot though so not really expecting to wake up to much.

Friday looks like it could be interesting. I'm driving a race car on slicks at Donington too, should be entertaining!

Posted

Courtesy of the 12 NMM for tomorrow night, PLEASE DONT CHANGE!

nmm_uk1-42-36-0.png?10-18

hmmm, its close, but isnt that still too far north? Looking at that, Leeds and Sheffield are going to miss out. I think were below that pink line?

Fingers crossed we all see it :)

Posted

hmmm, its close, but isnt that still too far north? Looking at that, Leeds and Sheffield are going to miss out. I think were below that pink line?

Fingers crossed we all see it :)

Im in that pink area so I apologize for such a IMBY post, in such situations the positions is subject to change over the course of the next 24 hours so I reckon it will be case of lampost watching, one thing you do have on your side is elevation. This just copied from the MOD thread

201412101200-201412120400.png

Posted

oh no need to apologise vizzy, i realy hope you do get the snow, but if you do I expect pics haha :p

Well have to see, there is a warning out, but the BBC weather website doesnt realy show snow in the graphics and Paul Hudson wasnt excited.

We just have to hope the cold air spins in as it clears and we all see a bit. Even if it doesnt settle itl be nice to see snow falling after such a long absence :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Yeah Paul Hudson said some snow to lower levels possible but mainly over hills, he may just be waiting until tomorrow to ramp a bit more!

Posted

Dont think there will be any white stuff below 150m-200m going by Jh snow guidlines.Pennines will get a covering but thats all im expecting(keeping low standards after last year).

Looking forward though to xmas onwards re latest mo update and strat thread!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

oh no need to apologise vizzy, i realy hope you do get the snow, but if you do I expect pics haha :p

Well have to see, there is a warning out, but the BBC weather website doesnt realy show snow in the graphics and Paul Hudson wasnt excited.

We just have to hope the cold air spins in as it clears and we all see a bit. Even if it doesnt settle itl be nice to see snow falling after such a long absence :)

Best when they don't excited. Over excited weathermen and ladies normal means mass fail. Anyway looking at GFS Sheffield looks just too far south. Just may get some back edge stuff as it moves away.

Posted

yes I agree atm PIT, i think us Sheffielders may just miss out this time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

well i will probablly be too low too, oh well, would be nice to see, but i dont mind waiting, got used to it last year haha

Posted

haha yes last year was a true horror show, wasnt even a winter really was it, just endless autumn.

Weve already seen more frosts and wintryness than the whole of last year already, and were only 10 days in!

Some promising signs still for a cold January/February so i think our patience will be rewarded soon :)

• Like 1

Posted

Fingers crossed for the snow potential what ever happens it's already been better than last years winter

Posted

its sleeting now up here. can see it under the light and hear the ice on the window. Nice to see and hear a wintry scene :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Some sleet this mornings showers stopped for now briefly if they continued they may have turned to snow.