Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How bad is your snow addiction ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, well, at least from Oct till March!

Mines terrible!

I think I have issues haha... ;)

Winter 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 were phenomenal for me, I'm 36 now and they were the coldest winters I can remember

The wife & I were on honeymoon in Scotland (Dunkeld then Edinburgh) in the last week of Nov and the weather couldn't have been any more festive/Christmassy etc... Driving back was fairly entertaining though!

I lamppost watch every year hoping for a decent drop of the white stuff! Even the lack of decent frosts severely disappoints me!

• Like 3

Posted

Yes I am a cold lover snow fan.. winter 13/14 was wretched and quite painful. Last year was ok, with some decent frosts and cold days in second half of Jan and early Feb. Snowfall wise not brilliant but just about respectable. I do like see at least one moderate snowfall say about 4 inches, and we haven't seen such amounts since Jan 2013, we missed out in March 2013.

My appetite for snow starts as early as late October, and if we haven't seen any by Christmas I start to get a little irritated. My irritation grows markedly from Christmas onwards. I'm lucky though I don't have to travel far to see snow, with the Lakeland fells usually covered at some point in November.

Winter 10/11 was an odd one, I'd had my snow fix by Christmas, highly unusual.

Winter 09/10 by far the best one in the current generation. Winter 95/96 second best. I liked winter 12/13 apart from the second half of Dec and first week of Jan, had it stayed fairly cold throughout then it would have eclipsed winter 95/96.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Winter last year quite good by our standards, decent snow Boxing day, then thick frosts, until the mild air arrived during the afternoon of 31st Dec, good timing I suppose

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

Well there is a neutral approach. Just report what is happening and give honest assessment without a hint of bias.

Your right,I think the title of this thread says it all,its encouraging those who enjoy snow to comment on it. So rather than commenting on a thread which will likely be full of people who wish to share their enjoyment of snow,if anyone doesn't share that view then either don't comment, or start a thread titled "How big is your dislike for snowy weather". That way those who don't like it can complain about it without fear of someone who does like it getting involved.  Replys which go against the obvious tone of a threads title cause no harm,who cares,but the intention is to in a passive aggressive kind of way wind people up and start arguments,which happens all the time.  Really don't know why folk can't just be grown up,its pretty poor

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Winter last year quite good by our standards, decent snow Boxing day, then thick frosts, until the mild air arrived during the afternoon of 31st Dec, good timing I suppose

so winter lasted just 5 days then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Boxing day last year, i got so desperate me and my friend drove upto the Midlands to find the Snow, got to Northamptonshire and it had just started to snow, Wellingborough had a good covering on the ground. Carried on into Leicestershire and Market Harborough had a few CM's. Back in Oxford it was Heavy Rain and 6c with a mild sector!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow and more snow

Found a forum on July 7th (countdown to winter). Became an avid follower everyday since! Not sure if that makes me a 10 or just a severely insane person with way to much time on my hands!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Outside my back garden, I have a hot tub and when it snows, I go out and sit in it , warm and snug as a bunny. I lie back, open my mouth and eat the falling snowflakes. Perfect heaven to me !

My wife who was born in the stuff, thinks I am quite mad.

C

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I'd say I'm around a 6 or 7, would've been a 10 when I was younger though as it was just magical and not a care in the world about how much disruption it can cause,  to those trying to use the roads especially. I did drive up to Aviemore at the beginning of the year to get a snow fix... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

From the first distant memory of winter 78/79 to Feb 1991 in Essex, these events have put me on the scale at 10.

Not a week goes by without the thought of relocating from the flats of Cambs, to somewhere with better elevation, but at the moment financial constraints are limiting this.

There is something magical about sitting at home on a winter's evening, with the kids around the fire, and snow falling outside.

Have even considered having a holiday in the Peak District in winter, in the hope that it may snow whilst there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

10 for me!!

As soon it be snowing heavily outside I be jumping up and down like a child!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Totally over it.

Posted

Can we go higher than a 10? :D

Every mild winter follows by a depressed Daniel, consequently I take great relish out of a cold winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Can we go higher than a 10? :D

Every mild winter follows by a depressed Daniel, consequently I take great relish out of a cold winter.

I fear at the moment the hunt for snow is going to really depend on height this winter , hence the early start to my roof extension  :sorry:

post-7914-0-27770500-1447099031_thumb.jp

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 2

Posted

I fear at the moment the hunt for snow is going to really depend on height this winter , hence the early start to my roof extension  :sorry:

Sucks being on a floodplain in Greater London for snow. I do notice it seems to turn to snow more readily here than elsewhere in Greater London the area where I live is quite suburban with the woodlands to my backdrop it does make a difference albeit slight! :)

The observation deck of the Shard would be a safe bet 802ft //costs a bomb probably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

i think I ask too much generally, I always hope one year there could be a chance of a few flakes Christmas time, just a few flurries to add to the Christmas atmosphere but sadly it never seems to happen here, apart from 2010(?) and then it a week early.

Other wise I don't tend to worry if it snows or not  :80:

Edited by Dami

Posted

Can we go lower than 0 is my question. I want to put my true vote across, which is about minus 50,000.

Did you have a epiphany?.....since I do recall you liking the white stuff at one point. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Can we go lower than 0 is my question. I want to put my true vote across, which is about minus 50,000.

Blimey -50,000. I'd go and live in a desert, I'm sure you'd have no fear of seeing any there Scott  :wink: 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Central Florida would be better for me. I'd still get my thunderstorms there. :)

Yeah! now your talking......it's Wet & Wild in Florida....or is that the water park :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

I,m 55 and my snow addiction a 10 and is as strong as ever. My earliest recollection of snow was seeing huge drifts in my road in Bournemouth in  January 1963 when was just three years old but my best ever snow experience was the great southwest Blizzard of 18th/19th February 1978. Cut off on the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset for Seven days by drifts over 20 feet deep.

My best experiences since then would be Jan 1985 repeated heavy falls of snow and more recently Late November and all of December 2010.

2 ice days in November 5 moderate or heavy falls of snow in December,  34 consecutive hard air frosts and breaking the minimum temperature at my weather station twice. Down to minus 11c in early Dec then down to minus 13c on boxing day morning. Fab times.

Edited by mcweather
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Sucks being on a floodplain in Greater London for snow. I do notice it seems to turn to snow more readily here than elsewhere in Greater London the area where I live is quite suburban with the woodlands to my backdrop it does make a difference albeit slight! :)

The observation deck of the Shard would be a safe bet 802ft //costs a bomb probably.

Guards have built snowmen at top of Empire State Building (381m) when its rained at street level

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

About an 8.

I love snow and long for days of heavy, thick snow so I don't have to go to work and can play init like a child. I will lamppost watch of an evening, but I don't stay up to do it, nor do I fall into a pit of depression if it doesn't snow. I just feel disappointed.

The last decent snowfall that laid was 2012/2013. I'd love another 2010/2011 winter. Thick snow on the ground for a few days, roads closed, no work!

Edited by Lauren

My addiction is about a 10...or more. I'm resorting to a mobile lamppost (i.e. a torch) this winter as my nearest lamppost is over 2 miles away. I'm not that fussed for extreme cold, gimme loads of snow rather than -15ºC.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy

My name is helena and im addicted to snow(10)...last year i had SAD(snow addiction disorder) and had to go hill walking for my fix.

Nov 2010 was/is the holy grail of all snow falls....thunder storm and snow...

Edited by Helzmc