Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible Winter Storm December 27th

stubbys

Ive been watching this storm since it first showed up on the models, as usual it has received many downgrades.

If it was going to be anything noteworthy I think the meto would have had yellow warnings on it today, this is

obviously just my opinion. And yes im a bit gutted that its not going to give me a decent storm in my area = imby.

Now that ive said this the met will prob put warnings out today !

Edited by mickeyb44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Met Office have issued warnings for quite widespread snow and also wind for most of Scotland, Northern England and also NI.

Boxing Day                    Saturday 27th

post-21143-0-60624400-1419423358_thumb.j post-21143-0-88839900-1419423358_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Misses me by 10 miles ,nothing new there then:(...

Look on the bright side though, you only got 10 miles to travel to see a few flakes.

• Like 3

Posted

Metoffice have release their warnings on the track of the low across the country. It's more what it does when it sits in the North Sea as to what kind of wintry weather we will see. Metoffice state that only Scotland could see widespread snow, Northern England 200-400m+. Where it locates after could bring some bitter air for late Saturday/Sunday?

Posted

It looks to me as though this "storm" is getting less and less with each run.

The latest FAX chart for Saturday midday has it centred over the Low Countries at 995mb, it was 984mb off the Norfolk Coast at the same time in the previous FAX chart.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted

It looks to me as though this "storm" is getting less and less each run.

The latest FAX chart for Saturday midday has it centred over the Low Countries at 995mb, it was 984mb off the Norfolk Coast at the same time in the previous FAX chart.

Really must be the most bazaar period of forecasting that has been in the last 10 years? I still have no clue what it's going to be like in 5 days time,  well, maybe high pressure, but nothing after that.....it's like the good old days again :-) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Met Office now showing sleet over the Midlands Friday night even some heavy snow initially for higher areas like the Black Country. 

Posted

Metoffice charts shift everything SW with the low tracking through Wales and C S England before into France. Metoffice have cancelled their warning too. Let's see if they put a new one out or not?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A none feature really now. Heavy rain the most annoying thing and ice the following morning.

Warnings still there though.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

As a Northerner, I'm dissapointed with the BBC weather forecast for the tomorrow's snow. It seems to me it will only affect Wales, S England. We would'nt get any white stuff at this rate, we may end up a damp squid. :(

The only hope is the today's models should shift the low a bit north, then bingo we get a good pasting!!

We only got 2 chances today for the models to shift the low abit north if people in Northern England wants snow badly like me. 12z and the 18z.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Misses me by 10 miles ,nothing new there then:(...

Could be a very IMBY event latest update misses you by 0.5 miles. I can see snow chasing with mother in laws being left on sofas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm kinda glad I'm not getting snow here, these setups have a tendency to upset folks who are under a warning and then they don't get any lying snow.

A nice treat for those who do get lucky tomorrow though! :)

post-15177-0-43484300-1419509408_thumb.ppost-15177-0-14938500-1419509419_thumb.ppost-15177-0-52589400-1419509430_thumb.ppost-15177-0-79968000-1419509439_thumb.p

If the NMM is to be believed, then quite a bit of rainfall is expected in some places.

post-15177-0-19278700-1419509703_thumb.p

A windy spell to come as well, a bit blowy from many wind directions!

post-15177-0-70227400-1419509921_thumb.ppost-15177-0-65086100-1419509935_thumb.ppost-15177-0-15650500-1419509947_thumb.ppost-15177-0-72458500-1419509960_thumb.ppost-15177-0-83022000-1419509970_thumb.p