Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Interesting that the met has no warnings out for the Midlands.

They obviously feel it will only effect the North.

Hope we get some warnings.

Thats not true, there is currently a Yellow warning for parts of the East Midlands, North Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire & Lincolnshire, still a chance that could extend further south

Edited by Ryan05
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Sooo jealous of america right now.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I think it's nailed on we will get nothing!

Its never nailed on

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Its never nailed on

True but it does look to be more predictable than the last event.

Posted

True but it does look to be more predictable than the last event.

As in more likely to get snow? If so I agree.

Posted

Sooo jealous of america right now.

Will be a tad cold outside though with a 'feels like' temp of between -15 and -20C for Boston on Tuesday. They still have 4inches of snow in their gardens from the past storm. I imagine power cuts will be everywhere and for several days too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Will be a tad cold outside though with a 'feels like' temp of between -15 and -20C for Boston on Tuesday. They still have 4inches of snow in their gardens from the past storm. I imagine power cuts will be everywhere and for several days too.

Yh it looks historic. 30 inches forecast in new york and hurricane snow, imagine what the express would put if that was the uk lol

• Like 1

Posted

As in more likely to get snow? If so I agree.

I just meant that last time the track of the system seemed to be hard to nail down. The models seem to be more consistent with this setup. 

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Interesting that the met has no warnings out for the Midlands.

They obviously feel it will only effect the North.

Hope we get some warnings.

makes me laugh when I see this, just beause a warning is issued, it doesn't mean it will guarantee snow, as was the case last week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I am not going to excited this time, If I don’t expect it to happen won’t be disappointed. Been nearly 23 months without it settling on the ground so another week wont make much odds.  :D  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

12Z GFS improved the cold, but not necessarily the snow, stays very cold after the 'northerly' with high pressure through whole run

Posted

12Z GFS improved the cold, but not necessarily the snow, stays very cold after the 'northerly' with high pressure through whole run

You know what they say about get the cold and the snow will come... :) 

Posted

Better news on the latest models.

The cold extended and very good chance of snow late Wednesday and into Thursday.

Hmm yes does look good. -10c uppers on Monday ! obviously way to far off to consider it accurate, but it would be nice thats for sure. 

Posted

MetO update today states there is a chance of snow to low levels in the Midlands later on Wednesday into Thursday.

Everyone upbeat on the MO thread, even the pessimists! Cold spell may be colder and last longer than earleir forecasts indicated.

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

MetO update today states there is a chance of snow to low levels in the Midlands later on Wednesday into Thursday.

Everyone upbeat on the MO thread, even the pessimists! Cold spell may be colder and last longer than earleir forecasts indicated.

a chance yes, but turns milder in all areas of the Midlands Friday, before hopefully cold again sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

I'm not entirely sure I'm looking forward to any meaningful snow. Older 5-Series' with auto boxes don't cope all that well IIRC.

Posted

If it's being forecast , then we can pretty much garuntee that come Wednesday it will all shift in any direction possible and miss us .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi guys,

Monday a bad day for me to post on here.

When I got back in this evening I read the first half an hour of this mornings posts, and went  and got the prossac!

Everything up the creek (again!)

Eventually after a meal I went to the MOD thread (wasn't that brave?) and I thought I was looking at charts from the USA!

I couldn't beieve that the charts are actually showing massive upgrades to both the depth and probably the duration of the cold!

What did go on on here earlier?

At least for now everything looks rosy for a short-term and possibly a mid-term cold spell. Whether this translates to a meaningful period of cold, no one knows as it will depend, as always, on whether we can get blocking to our North.

Keep the faith.

MIA.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Better news on the latest models.

The cold extended and very good chance of snow late Wednesday and into Thursday.

Dude come on. I'm not having a pop at you when I say this, so please don't take it the wrong way.

You were dejected this morning when you saw the 00z run! You realise that the models will continue to upgrade or downgrade for your location before we reach Wednesday/Thursday don't you?

Its best to look for trends rather than let your mood swing wildly from run to run.

Believe me, I was like that back in the day. I learned my lesson in the end though. The best advice I can give you is to compare the model runs daily rather than run by run. For example... Compare yesterdays 12z with todays 12z. That will give you a better indicator. Comparing the 06z with the 12z or 12z with an 18z is not a good idea.

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 5

Posted

i know there is more of a westerly element to the northerly which is due thursday  so probably isnt ideal for a chesire gap streamer However,  if it was how   do the models perform in predicting these type of scenarios  im just interested if surprises could appear without them being modeled. ie  precipitation amounts.