Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Like the top chart(huge pinch of salt required)

3cm of snow along the coast up to 24cm over the Highest Peaks

The UKMO This evening is stunning the GFS not brilliant and quite marginal for low lying snow 

for now I will stick with the UKMO,And the only reason for this is not the cold and snow,but all winter

They have been bang on the money,however it would be foolish to write of the GFS

Fully agree, more often than not when the other models have been showing the next ice age, the UKMO have put some realism back into the debate and have usually been proved right so it's nice to see it showing the best (for lovers of wintry weather) of the models.

We just need to hope that the form horse does not fall at the last fence on this occasion.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

Going off Netweather snow depth charts, Central Lancs is the sweet spot at t96+ hours, infact deeper than the Highlands!! Not seen lying snow since 2011 so chuffin hope so!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Good to see things edging ever closer and not downgrading

post-23289-0-36731000-1422209691_thumb.p

post-23289-0-33965700-1422209700_thumb.p

Posted

Having issues with hotel Internet finding it difficult to access nw ,can someone give me a quick synopsis please :)...

hope your having a great holiday meant to snow in Wednesday and Thursday but we will see :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Going off Netweather snow depth charts, Central Lancs is the sweet spot at t96+ hours, infact deeper than the Highlands!! Not seen lying snow since 2011 so chuffin hope so!!

Saw that myself but I'd have thought that altitude would help, if only to enhance the precipitation.

Based on that, western Pennine upslopes would probably see the lions share although from an IMBY point of view I think that Rossendale may be a little sheltered and that areas slightly further south of me, Saddleworth, northern Peak District etc could do better.

Still it's nice to see a set up that will more than likely give snow to areas that haven't seen any for at least a couple of years.

Posted

I'm Sceptical of costal areas seeing lying snow but anywhere east of the 2.c line should do well.

http://max.nwstatic.co.uk/modeloutputnmm/20150125/12/lores/87/nmmuktempnew.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I'm Sceptical of costal areas seeing lying snow but anywhere east of the 2.c line should do well.

stahp-sign.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Evap cooling?

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Evap cooling?

C.S

Yes many other factors involved C.S as explained by SK in the MOD thread. I think we will all see some snow at some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Really looking forward to next week it's gona get busy in here so stock up on beers, snacks, spare security light bulbs, ear plugs so the other half won't badger you for keep pulling the curtains back, pro plus, phone fully charged and rain today bookmarked!

Just hope its cold enough.

"And" anyone living over 250m asl is banned from posting, it's just not fair!

Posted

Really looking forward to next week it's gona get busy in here so stock up on beers, snacks, spare security light bulbs, ear plugs so the other half won't badger you for keep pulling the curtains back, pro plus, phone fully charged and rain today bookmarked!

Just hope its cold enough.

"And" anyone living over 250m asl is banned from posting, it's just not fair!

I'll get my coat then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'll get my coat then.

Yep, your definately not allowed to post unless you can tell me a nice little spot I can drive to with the kids to sledge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosts, cold and more snow

Countryfile a bit stingy with the snow clouds.

Edited by Alikazam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Countryfile forecast didn't make much of Wed/Thurs snow potential. :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosts, cold and more snow

It's almost like they don't want a national panic! ;-)

Posted

They probably don't want to be accused of regional bias by showing our region getting buried with nothing on offer for the south.

Or Diane Oxberry called in and said don't let them in the North West think they are in line for anything other than mild as they would start to get overly excited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think its looking fine for me. It is plenty of time for upgrading until the time comes. Maybe it shows scattered snow showers doesn't mean its gonna be like that in the few days time. It could upgrade or downgrade, only time will tell.

Know this, couple of days ago before the last snow event for parts of our region, one forecaster says: ''Don't let this forecast be your last time you watched''. It could very well change for the better. :)

Posted

I think its looking fine for me. It is plenty of time for upgrading until the time comes. Maybe it shows scattered snow showers doesn't mean its gonna be like that in the few days time. It could upgrade or downgrade, only time will tell.

Know this, couple of days ago before the last snow event for parts of our region, one forecaster says: ''Don't let this forecast be your last time you watched''. It could very well change for the better. :)

i might be wrong but on the latest forecast for nina ridge she said front moving down from the North or northwest on Wednesday night and thursday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I for one am glad they didn't seen many a countryfile forecast showing nice snow set ups only to look nothing like it on the day 

one thing I did notice on the chart for Thursday is a trough coming down from the NW

Anyway for me I am now sticking to the Regional forecast and the local Daily regional forecast from the METO

C.S