Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted

Yep seems Meto are thinking the Wednesday and Thursday timeframe more especially look ripe for the SE, Someone give Smurf some Happy Pills for gawd sakes!

Even saw Fergie (Not Sir Alex) on the SW Thread say Thursday looks good for the SE

Keep the faith Peoples!

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

Disruptive in metoffice speak can be as little as 1 to 2cm of snow so probably best not to get the hopes up !

Yes, but there is some hope, and at least we have a ticket for the raffle! Most other places in the UK look bone dry.

Edited by SE Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Weather

Just let the dog out and there is an odd flake of snow here in Romford

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Nick Miller presents BBC video weather forecast for the week ahead. Updated at 16:24 today.

Talk of a chance of a nice covering in our region tues/wed/thur but we shall see lol..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167

Edited by Siberian Xpress

Posted

To be fair to Tamara she is very knowledgeable and posts interesting posts.....but most of what she has previously posted has not gone on to happen.

To be honest....I am looking forward to spring now. Cold without snow is just expensive on the heating without any fun. A pleasant 21c day is becoming an increasingly more pleasant thought by the day.

Yup. Roll on spring. This winter is arguably worse than last winter (were that possible!) purely because of the sheer frustration factor. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Roll on spring

Hi Marie, this exactly how I felt yesterday when the heavy snow turned to a rainy slushy grey mess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Believe it when I see it ..wintry mix transient potential localised now getting back in me head..off to get more wine

Don't forget "...away from the coasts" ie you'll need to be more than 80 miles away from one to see anything settling.

Posted

Yes, but there is some hope, and at least we have a ticket for the raffle! Most other places in the UK look bone dry.

Yes could be worse I suppose - I'm too far west to benefit but can but hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Well, if enough ice from Greenland and Canada melts and shuts off the thermohaline conveyor (whatever happened to that member?) and thus the North Atlantic Drift, we might get conditions you'd think were more appropriate to our latitude. Until then, the easiest option for snow lovers would be to move to Norway.

I remember watching the Horizon doc about this over ten years ago and got really excited at the time 😊

Posted

Let's keep the optimism going to save me from despair, I do not say roll on Spring, we have enough all year round, but that's just me? it did look good on the graphics and they're usually conservative.

Max for Monday 2nd widely between 2-3C even in cities out in the sticks it will really struggle, coldest day of the cold spell so far somewhat better but not quite in very cold category.

post-19153-0-69512600-1422821698_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Yep as others have said it has been a frustrating winter to date for the SE. We have been on the verge of things 2 or 3 times in the last 3/4 weeks but has been a case of close but no cigar. However, we are only on 1st Feb so in my eyes we have 6 weeks of potential(think after mid March for the South only holds potential for a cold snap as opposed to cold spell. I know Models are not what we wish but even if things don't pan out for next 2 weeks that only takes us to 15th Feb. That still leaves a month and that is a long time Metrologically speaking(crikey 7 days is a long time in my eyes Model wise. I love the cold and snow like 99% of us on this forum but we have to accept that we are unlikely to get winters of 2009 &2010 every year(I remember the late 90s and early 00s were pretty dreadful for snow down here in SE.

Lets see what this week holds first before throwing in the towel. This winter has had far more excitement Model watching than last winter that was just awful for cold and at least many of us have seen snowfall in last 7 days(granted not what we wanted).Last year none of us saw 1 flake lol!!.

Maybe just maybe we will have some surprises this week and maybe some more positive trends will occur again.

Keep the faith people and just be realistic in your expectations . Being a spurs fan I should know lol!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tonight

Turning dry and clear for most places, showers will be restricted to the north east of the region. These showers will turn increasingly to snow.

Temperatures between -1C and -4C

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-02465700-1422822601_thumb.p

Light north to north west wind, moderate around the Norfolk and Suffolk coasts

Any showers will be restricted to the north east of the region. Elsewhere it will be dry with sunny spells.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-26-0.png?01-20

1-4C

Overnight

post-17424-0-16528100-1422822602_thumb.p

Light northerly wind

Showers will become increasingly widespread as a front pushes south.

Reflected in the Euro 4 chart

15020300_0112.gif

Temperatures generally between 0C and -2C

Tuesday

post-17424-0-63202700-1422822603_thumb.p

Gentle north to north easterly wind

Sunshine and snow showers, some heavy. By the looks of the Euro 4 charts there could be a streamer developing through the Wash into Cambridgeshire and parts of the East Midlands.

Temperatures - 2-4C

Overnight

post-17424-0-63945700-1422822604_thumb.p

Light to moderate north to north east wind.

Showers will continue to affect many areas, especially over East Anglia. 

Temperatures - between -2C and -5C

Wednesday

post-17424-0-64649500-1422822605_thumb.p

Moderate north to north easterly wind

Again the risk of snow showers again moving in from the north sea.

Temperatures - 2-4C

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Yes could be worse I suppose - I'm too far west to benefit but can but hope

You never know!! I'm Farnham too!!

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

cor blimey ,its only the 1st feb . we could potentially ( haha )be looking at another 6 weeks of will it ,wont it snow malarky .anything is possible . my daughter thinks ive lost the plot with this weather stuff ,sad thing is ,shes absolutely right !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

cor blimey ,its only the 1st feb . we could potentially ( haha )be looking at another 6 weeks of will it ,wont it snow malarky .anything is possible . my daughter thinks ive lost the plot with this weather stuff ,sad thing is ,shes absolutely right !

I think we will get an easterly in March, but because it will be March, everything will be marginal! Is there supposed to be any weather tonight, or can I get some :lazy: without having to worry about missing some sleet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

With skies clearing now expect a frosty car scraping morning. Temp here down to 1.7 and think will fall sharply from hereon in

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

GEM suggests 2-3 inches of snow for some areas of the SE over the next 96hrs according to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/WXRISKCOM/status/561989752610914305

Posted

You never know!! I'm Farnham too!!

Aha another farnhamite ! Well fingers crossed then - a Thames streamer is the best hope for here