Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I just hope to god nothing appears on the radar before midnight as I feel it could be another long night for a few.. 

We all know it's going to happen, another night watch. I'm sure I have a stash of coffee somewhere  :rofl:

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

06z GFS and 00z ECM keeping precip along eastern coasts Tuesday evening, overnight and through Wednesday.

UKMO (meso) doesn't go out that far (only to t+36) ... still waiting for Euro4 to update for the 06z run.

Be interesting to see if the MetO revise their Weds snow warning for eastern Britain.

Thanks Nick, lets hope they keep the warnings up for what so far has been another naff winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Dam I need to move away from that Thames we're just in the white- it's funny here literally 2 roads away south of here usually gets more frost and can be the difference between settling and non settling snow- the precipitation charts look ok for this area though I'd expect further East and North will be better

attachicon.giffulleries .jpg

Looking like this morning people away from immediate coasts tonight and tomorrow early morning light snow showers/flurries are a risk anywhere...

Dam I need to move away from that Thames we're just in the white- it's funny here literally 2 roads away south of here usually gets more frost and can be the difference between settling and non settling snow- the precipitation charts look ok for this area though I'd expect further East and North will be better

Don't take that as gospel though... Anything could happen.. Main interest is Wednesday and Thursday 

Posted

Thanks Nick, lets hope they keep the warnings up for what so far has been another naff winter

We need to be realistic here. Any snow showers between tonight and Thursday are only likely to give a slight covering with 1-3cm at the very best. What I cannot see is any disruptive snowfall. This is due to a combination of the snow showers often being scattered, light-moderate and the daytime temps.

Posted

It's been snowing here for the past hour, nice fluffy flakes blowing around in the wind. Not amounting to much and a bit surprised, but looks lovely and just happy to be getting something after all the rain at the weekend. Temp currently 1c with a dew point of -1C

We need to be realistic here. Any snow showers between tonight and Thursday are only likely to give a slight covering with 1-3cm at the very best. What I cannot see is any disruptive snowfall. This is due to a combination of the snow showers often being scattered, light-moderate and the daytime temps.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick given the last week for many... Difference now is marginatilty unless middle of the day is out the question.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

At this point I think it is just a case of seeing what the north sea can produce here in terms of how heavy and widespread the showers could become. 

At the moment model wise the only things were watching are for potential last minute upgrades for the initial push of cold air from the north east and then the chance of a reload from the north potentially (AKA ECM). I must admit beyond possibly this weekend, I am struggling to think of a way out of what could be a very blocked pattern.

The question is when do I start to think that I would take a week 2 pattern like the 06z GFS (Euro high with a south to south easterly flow with chilly sunny days and sharp overnight frosts).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I have a feeling this is going to be a big week for the SE..... could well be a make or break for this Winter.

Just need them winds to stay as forecast for Weds/Thurs, a lot of convection and plenty can happen.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
Posted

Euro 4 06z

West Norfolk and Cambridgeshire look good tonight, though areas further east may be effected by showers too by the looks of things. It seems the showers ease off again by Tuesday evening before another load move into North east England by Wednesday morning. 

Given others have covered tonight, here is Wednesday mornings chart

15020406_0206.gif

As for now, a very typical north westerly day, sunny for 95% of the region with east Norfolk and the far north east of Suffolk getting a few snow showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
Posted

When is that for TEITS?

Tonight.

Light covering in the areas I mention.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/02/02/basis06/ukuk/weas/15020306_0206.gif

Another band on Wednesday although I am hoping it either arrives earlier or later in the day and not in the middle!

Posted

Tonight.

Light covering in the areas I mention.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/02/02/basis06/ukuk/weas/15020306_0206.gif

Another band on Wednesday although I am hoping it either arrives earlier or later in the day and not in the middle!

nice, not seen any lying show besides an icing sugar sprinkle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Looks like the first "proper" snow tonight for 2 years IMBY (usual caveats) and I have to drive to Solihull in the morning.  :doh:

Posted

Re Wednesday, METO have just updated the yellow be aware warning, so they have reviewed it and still see possibility for snow then after latest model runs. Nothing significant when compared to other falls over the years, but an inch might be possible reading the text of the warning. And if you have got lucky from say tonight in addition, then fair play.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Forecast saying light snow from 3am - 8am tomorrow for here...so may wake to a pretty dusting :) x

Posted

Philip Avery on BBC News 24 seemed quite bullish that the snow showers would come well inland and cover all of East Anglia and South East. Nothing disruptive, but could be 1cm in places. Also continuing risk Tuesday and Wednesday as has already been stated on here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I know some of you like them....

Meto Forecast for IMBY...

Tuesday: Light Snow 4am till 10am

Thursday: Light Snow 9am till 6pm with a NE'ly

Would happily bank that right now if I could :)

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

lol its now changed to sleet pffffffft ! - 3 here right now according to wunderground brrrr

That is jumbo pants! You must be very disappointed, *big hugs* :cray:   Got marginal sunshine 4.1c.  Oh joy, another DUSTING of snow forecast here, that word is getting as bad as marginal, wintry mix etc etc! :wallbash: