Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2015.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Anyone heading to Iberia or southern Italy in the next 10 days maybe advised to take a brolly well above normal precipitation forecast away from here most of Europe looks fairly dry

CAThG3TWMAAGBtw.png

Chart courtesy of WSI Euro weather

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Bored of this benign weather now, cloudy grey skies, temps on the cool side, outlooks poor, not exactly winter but not embracing spring either. Time for some warmth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Bored of this benign weather now, cloudy grey skies, temps on the cool side, outlooks poor, not exactly winter but not embracing spring either. Time for some warmth.

agree there with very last bit, but could be miles worse! raging zonality, rain and gales, temps around 8C, feeling raw in wind

• Like 1

Posted

cloud cloud bloody cloud ruined my chances of seeing the aurora last night... grrrr...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Sick of seeing the words 'wintry' and 'snow'.. for f..cks sake.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted

cloud cloud bloody cloud ruined my chances of seeing the aurora last night... grrrr...

same here at least at a reasonable hour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Sick of seeing the words 'wintry' and 'snow'.. for f..cks sake.

Hopefully we can soon rid the forum of those two annoying words at least until Autumn arrives.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Hey though, maybe storms next week. I can cloudspot once again to Paris on Tuesday afternoon...maybe. Thundersleet anyone?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Ah ECM, now you start to produce dire output like this

ECM1-168.GIF?18-0

Another dull and cloudy easterly developing, typical to see Scandi high set ups at a time where they are complete waste.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Been promises of early spring warmth since middle of Feb - still waiting...

Yes, aside from the brief warm spell two weekends ago, most days have struggled to get into the teens temperature-wise.

Some models are currently in general agreement of a warming-up at the end of the month with temps into the mid-teens, possibly even reaching the high teens during the first week of April. Too far out to nail down though.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Certainly underwhelming considering the consistent output early in the month. 

Should be sunny and dry here until Friday though.

Posted

Should be sunny and dry here until Friday though.

really?.... you expect to dodge tuesdays showers and thursdays systems let alone todays cloud?....

like others (i suspect), its hard to get enthused atm about the weather. the posters posting in the md thread are summing up the outlook very well, and its this really rather drab ordinary chilly weather that its hard to enthuse about or add anything to.

Posted

really?.... you expect to dodge tuesdays showers and thursdays systems let alone todays cloud?....

like others (i suspect), its hard to get enthused atm about the weather. the posters posting in the md thread are summing up the outlook very well, and its this really rather drab ordinary chilly weather that its hard to enthuse about or add anything to.

I was purely going by the GFS which suggested nothing of note. It's now suggesting rain on Wednesday night but today's relatively bright as we speak.

Posted

Let's hope the warm spell (which is due to last for several days from Sunday and bring temps in the mid-high teens and maybe even 20C) that the models are predicting doesn't get downgraded in the coming days!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Can't make this stuff up, trend is there for a northerly blast to scupper Easter Bank Holiday weekend with the coldest upper's of the year *sigh* you just know it will happen now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

pathetic british weather as usual.  we go through winter with no significant cold weather and then when Spring arrives and we want some warmth suddenly the weather turns chilly.  Maybe we should think about changing the seasons around in Britain as it really doesn't seem to want to play the game when it comes to the type of weather we should be getting in the different seasons.  We can't win.

Posted

Let's hope the warm spell (which is due to last for several days from Sunday and bring temps in the mid-high teens and maybe even 20C) that the models are predicting doesn't get downgraded in the coming days!!!

20c?.... have the models shown temps in the upper teens/20c?

we might get mid teens, but in the wind and i suspect cloud and rain at times, itll not be of much benefit.

i dont think we will get that very cold easterly blast either...models over amplifying things again, that northern plunge , which is likely, will hopefully miss us and deliver its goods into europe!

Posted

20c?.... have the models shown temps in the upper teens/20c?

Yes - see below. Just one run of course but the 20C is there! Today's 6z GFS run is a little more conservative, but still has temps up to 16/17C  in the south-east on 31 March and 17/18C in the Midlands and south-east on 1 April.

Its probably an April fool at this range but GFS shows 20c getting hit next week

ukmaxtemp.png

Edited by h2005uk

Posted

Yes - see below. Just one run of course but the 20C is there! Today's 6z GFS run is a little more conservative, but still has temps up to 16/17C  in the south-east on 31 March and 17/18C in the Midlands and south-east on 1 April.

Yeah i see, fair play but tbh i dont think anyone believed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

pathetic british weather as usual.  we go through winter with no significant cold weather and then when Spring arrives and we want some warmth suddenly the weather turns chilly.  Maybe we should think about changing the seasons around in Britain as it really doesn't seem to want to play the game when it comes to the type of weather we should be getting in the different seasons.  We can't win.

Was thinking about making a visit to Lancashire next week, but just seen the wind direction, so think will give it a miss until it warms up a bit!

C

Posted

Are there any meaningful signals yet as to what summer could hold? (And I stress "could"!)

I've read a few things about the type of summer that often follows a type of spring, the number of bad/good summers there are in a row, etc... but I'm not convinced those are meaningful indicators because they seem to cancel each other out depending on the evidence you use.

I believe El Nino could be weakening the Azores high at the moment - is that likely to remain true during the summer months?

Edited by h2005uk

Posted

Dire dire dire output right now, storm after storm over the next few days and fear the ECM is right for Easter Weekend with it's north sea muck 8c stratocumulus fest.

Posted

I'm not sure where you get this north sea muck from. A bit early to specify the orientation of the HP but at the moment it looks reasonable favourable.

Chart courtesy weatherbell

post-12275-0-31819800-1427493999_thumb.p

Posted

I'm not sure where you get this north sea muck from. A bit early to specify the orientation of the HP but at the moment it looks reasonable favourable.

Chart courtesy weatherbell

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm2162.gif

NE winds + those upper's = cloud machine.

Praying for a miracle along the lines of JMA.