Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Smells Of The Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Every so often the sensation of smelling a time of year hits me.

Despite all the apparent potential for cold wintry weather we have this winter past, i only really ever smelled winter once.

Earlier on this evening, for the first time, I smelled  Spring.  I don't know what it is, the wind direction, plants or flowers at their particular time of growth, but it's a smell that instantly takes me back to childhood years that I associate with the onset of spring.

Anyone else smell the weather?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

That first smell of cut grass of the year. Delightful and uplifting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

strange but true but I can smell snow...at least a week before it arrives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I think some of you have a good sence of smell or just having a laugh!The smell of cut grass is the smell of cut grass either in april or October ,not quite a season.I don't recall smelling a falling leaf!!

Posted

I am one of these people.

In the Autumn, I definitely catch the scent of decay and wet-foliage at some point in September, mixed with the lower angle of the sun. Throw in the smell of Bonfire smoke and it makes me super-nostalgic.

In the Winter, i "smell tinsel" - hahaha, I've never been able to explain this to anyone really, but there is a distinct "scent" i associate with Winter, Christmas and Tinsel.

In the Spring, its a certain freshness and angle of the sunlight again. It usually happens for me in February at some point but I have to say, it hasnt happened for me yet this year. Aside from one "ok" day earlier this month where it apparently reached 17 degrees or something out of the wind, its been very chilly, grey and breezy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The smell of unfurling blossom is noticeable round here but im yet to smell fresh cut grass though. The stench of muck spreading on the fields in late Summer is horrible.

Posted

For me is less of a smell, but more just a 'feel' one day of the arrival of the new season.. its always a special nostalgic feeling..

I've sort of had that first feel of spring today.. but not quite.. the feeling has to occur first thing when I wake up.