Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival 24th-28th June 2015

J10

Posted

All I'm after is a dry weds & thurs so people can set up their tents without rain and then be able to sit on the grass and chill.

How are we looking for that?

To me it looks as though there will be around 7-10mm of rain between tues of next week and Saturday. Is that a lot? I'm not really clued up...

No it's not but at this stage, with a week to go, be very wary of rainfall forecasts. In fact be wary of detailed forecasts altogether. Just keep an eye on J10s updates. Or better still two eyes.

Just to echo the points, this is part of the annual ritual.  Though I take it the forecasts for sun at the beginning on next week look pretty set? Should give the ground ability to absorb any rain if it does come? I have been doing a sundance every night and morning! Thanks again Jackone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still addicted to this thread despite not going this year (or last) as we had our first child last July.. Still need to know what the weather is going to do and will be watching from the comfort of our sofa wishing I was there.. Hope it's dry and everyone going has a brilliant festival.

• Like 1

To be fair, I used to be obsessed with Glasto and the weather, but last year it was muddy and I had the best one ever. Granted it's more fun when you can lay on the grass and get pi55ed but as long as you have the right clothes it's all good!!!! 

Edited by DevonStu
  • Like 1

The blog has now been updated.

https://forum.netweather.tv/blog/189/entry-4894-glastonbury-festival-2015-24-to-28-june-forecast-no-8/

It has to be a bit negative to reflect the models and things don't look that good around Friday especially but that is still 8 days away.

However all is not lost and there are some possibilities of things being manageable in terms of rain and mud. Fingers Crossed.

https://forum.netweather.tv/blog/189/entry-4894-glastonbury-festival-2015-24-to-28-june-forecast-no-8/

It has to be a bit negative to reflect the models and things don't look that good around Friday especially but that is still 8 days away.

However all is not lost and there are some possibilities of things being manageable in terms of rain and mud. Fingers Crossed.

bugger :(..

Nooooooo! What are the chances of this improving??

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

Currently, none whatsoever.

<condemned man eats hearty breakfast tomorrow -- we leave before 10 am Friday and we're 100% offline after tonight until 1st July>

Posted

William, calm down and 'think', look carefully at the charts, are they changing at times=yes=so the outlook is far from a monsoon in reality.

What do the upper charts show? They tend to suggest that hopes of a blazing hot festival are probably nearly as far removed from reality as a monsoon.

Expect some rain but not, from what I can see, a daily monsoon, some dry spells and temperatures not at the frigid level but not at baking hot values either.

Take a pill and calm down a touch lad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

It's a notorious site ten minutes of heavy rain and under a 170,000 pairs of boots it falls apart quickly !!.

yes but it dries out just as quick! Showers are fine at Glasto it's gonna be ok I'm sure!

Nooooooo! What are the chances of this improving??

Certainly possible and while the pattern seems set, details may change as an quick example.

Tonight's GFS 18Hz run continues with the theme of heavy rain on Monday, But on Wednesday it looks much drier, and Friday has moderate rain rather than heavy rain.

This would mean much less rain overall and as such less mud, and more time for the site to dry out.

There will still be ups and downs, hopefully there will be more ups in the coming days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

There's also ex Tropical storm BILL's remnants to add into the forecast mix for later next week. 

Certainly possible and while the pattern seems set, details may change as an quick example.

Tonight's GFS 18Hz run continues with the theme of heavy rain on Monday, But on Wednesday it looks much drier, and Friday has moderate rain rather than heavy rain.

This would mean much less rain overall and as such less mud, and more time for the site to dry out.

There will still be ups and downs, hopefully there will be more ups in the coming days.

Cheers man. I'm not overly concerned about underfoot conditions per se (except maybe the ones that suck your boots off), I just don't want to be rained on ALL the time. On the Friday night in 2011 I had to go to bed before the headliners because it was just persistent all day.

William, calm down and 'think', look carefully at the charts, are they changing at times=yes=so the outlook is far from a monsoon in reality.

What do the upper charts show? They tend to suggest that hopes of a blazing hot festival are probably nearly as far removed from reality as a monsoon.

Expect some rain but not, from what I can see, a daily monsoon, some dry spells and temperatures not at the frigid level but not at baking hot values either.

Take a pill and calm down a touch lad.

This would be close to ideal. Means we can sleep in our tents in the morning without being baked and also means we don't get rained on all the time. I like you, johnholmes, I like you a lot.

• Like 1

Posted

This would be close to ideal. Means we can sleep in our tents in the morning without being baked and also means we don't get rained on all the time. I like you, johnholmes, I like you a lot.

I hope you still do after the festival, forecasters are know, just now and then, to get it not quite right!

I hope you still do after the festival, forecasters are know, just now and then, to get it not quite right!

A few more reports coming out now that its going to be a mostly dry festival. Lets see what the next update brings.........