Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Monday 2nd August

highcliffe2

Posted

Please post your storm reports here :D

There were a few drops of rain here between 0700-0730, and I thought for a minute that I heard a very distant rumble of thunder 8)

Posted

I can see that there has been a few strikes off the coast of northern France and one or two along the south coast of England.

There is quite a bit of thunder and lightning in Ireland and seems to be centred around the county of Roscommon.

Here in Leicester it started misty but is trying to brighten up. Temperature 18° C.

Bazra.

Posted

Three very loud rumbles of thunder to the west with slate grey clouds! :lol: :D8):)

Posted

Expect a statement from me later! :wink:

The storm appears to be moving to the North of me without having crossed me :-x I can still see some flashes of lightning over the other valley and it's pouring with rain over there :lol:

Posted

I was wrong the storm is not going away from me. I don't know if the mountains help but it has doubled back on it's self and is coming at me from the North! Just had a loud rumble of thunder and a bit of lightning! :lol:

Posted

Guys can we keep this to just storm reports. Thanks.

Had a pretty big storm ahere about an hour ago, lots of Cg and really cool microburst type rain :lol:

Posted

:lol: Hi had storms here in barnstaple devon this morning and have been storm chasing over Exmoor all afternoon; seen some really great lightning and heard loads of thunder; All in all a great day has been had lol

Posted

well its humid and very close had a shower about 7.00pm this evening nothing in the sky suggests any action yet if we dont get anything by 11pm i doubt we will get anything tonight Still those Chilterns sheild us from the storms,damn it i say lets remove them with a JCB and see what happens lol

Posted

Storm nearly here at the moment. Not particularly close but can see lightning and hear some thunder. Just hoping it gets that little bit closer!

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

Had 2 lightning strikes at 12:30 in Morning but that was it

Posted

What a night, saw 2 lightning flashes at around midnight, could have been the thunderless sort. Then at 2:40 I was awoken by the loudest thunderclap I can recall. Jumped up out of bed thinking the house was collapsing. Over the next hour I must have counted over 30 flashes with at least 20 returning thunder, after that I had dozed back off but the storm definetely passed over head and must have been very close.

Posted

I saw some lightning last night at about 1:30 AM from some CB's to my south.

Though I did get some rain from it, there was no more lightning once the shower moved in.

I figure that the main storm that I could see went around my area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

well had a brief two minute, light shower which included a grand total of ONE sound of thunder :roll: :roll: oh well.lol

Posted

At Last............We have a thunderstorm in Central London, impressive Cg bolts and loud thunder.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Things have been brewing up for an hour here. Dark skies with yellowy colouring to it, rain just started and wind has picked up. Hope tonight is the night for MK 8)