Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Power of a tornado

Posted

• tornadogregIf you ever want to witness the true power of a tornado this may be one of the best images I can show you.

Today, we are revisiting Delmont, SD that was devastated by a tornado back on May 10th. This crowbar was 'shot' into a tree by the tornado. The town will be using it as part of a memorial to the event which saw 40 homes and businesses completely destroyed.

Image how fast that crowbar was flying....

https://instagram.com/p/7gHshyMvge/

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

• tornadogregIf you ever want to witness the true power of a tornado this may be one of the best images I can show you. Today, we are revisiting Delmont, SD that was devastated by a tornado back on May 10th. This crowbar was 'shot' into a tree by the tornado. The town will be using it as part of a memorial to the event which saw 40 homes and businesses completely destroyed. Image how fast that crowbar was flying....
https://instagram.com/p/7gHshyMvge/
no wonder they liken tornado damage to that of a plane crash or explosion ..

• 1 month later...
Posted

This is a piece of metal embedded in a tree after a tornado, about 150 metres from the house I lived in. There were only 2 caravans in its direct path. One was reduced virtually into confetti. The other was probably just caught on the edge and ended up in pieces over a 4 kilometre stretch.  I was away at the time. Away is a good place to be sometimes.
post-22057-0-40196400-1446980507_thumb.j

• Like 1

This is a piece of metal embedded in a tree after a tornado, about 150 metres from the house I lived in. There were only 2 caravans in its direct path. One was reduced virtually into confetti. The other was probably just caught on the edge and ended up in pieces over a 4 kilometre stretch.  I was away at the time. Away is a good place to be sometimes.

attachicon.gifMRTDSC01644.jpg

wow !! ,hope you where safe !!!

Posted

Yes, I was safely well away at the time. Otherwise, I probably would have had to change my trousers a few times during that night. :shok:

That weather system spawned at least 5 tornados before moving off the coast and developing into Severe Tropical Cyclone George, cat 5.

• Like 1

Yes, I was safely well away at the time. Otherwise, I probably would have had to change my trousers a few times during that night. :shok:

That weather system spawned at least 5 tornados before moving off the coast and developing into Severe Tropical Cyclone George, cat 5.

I wish we had exciting weather here ,just endless drizzle :(..

• 1 month later...
Posted

Not mentioned in that ABC news story but he said the tornado was spinning clockwise. News to me that some in the Northern Hemisphere do do that.