Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cloud identification

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I don't know whether there is a topic elsewhere on the Forum for this - if there is feel free to merge this and point me in the right direction - but this cloud picture is from a few weeks ago in France before a night of thunderstorms. What is it/are they?

post-21857-0-93012500-1442335227_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks like from a powerstation on a day with no wind, happens here when look to the SE, to Rugeley power station, on a slight SE drift can come this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

No asparagus or power stations involved, we are in a totally non industrialised valley and our nearest power station (apart from some wind turbines at 30km) is a nuclear station at 120km which does have its own fumulus at times from the cooling towers. I did ponder some sort of asperatus and I'll send it to the Cloud Appreciation Society for further examination as they are still working on asperatus naming.

As for yours Moki, I'd get doing the washing up, as it's what we'd call the beginning of a pile d'assiettes (a pile of plates)

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F