Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thursday 5th August 2004

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Just had a fantastic short intense storm with hail and almost constant thunder.

Storm number 2 is on its way. I am hearing thunder to my east and the black cloud is getting closer to my poisition :D

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

it is thunderings in lootons , it is starteds bout 15 mins ago. lot of lightenings andrumblies booming across hillsides!! the me is was climbing up pylons to checks were it is comings from but the doggy broadis is chewed the me's ass offs! gufawwwwwwwwwww! the me is viewing clods from me's wardrobes and they is disgustings creamy colour with greyish tinge.

Posted

We still have plenty of noise rolling thunder its till quite bright at the mo we have percipitation just started light rain i have a feeling that this one is skirting Luton and tracking NW we still have good visual but the strike rate has decreased still very humid and we have a gusty wind from time to time

Posted

torrential rain and thunder here from 3pm onwards

Posted

were currently having avery intense storm here now and its been going on for around 1hr, the building I work in has JUST been struck by lightning!! What an experience!! Scared the life out of me and my colleagues. You could hear all the static crackling all around the windows. Some of the electically operated aplilances and kit, has gone down.

Absolutly torential rain, major flooding. Never seen rain like it! Easily one of best and biggest storms ever. :D I'm still shacking now!!

Posted

Well, the last storm finished about 20 minutes ago heading north... now a second one is developing fast on its heals - sheet lightening this time - last one was folk... trouble is that storms seem to get stuck in the valley... Wonder if we will get cricket played on Saturday... crucial match Wycombe Warriers -v- Henley.

Everytime I think it has gone quiet there is another rumble. I am going to risk trying for the car park and the drive home - Tuesday took 45mins longer than usual... 1 hour 30 mins to go 17 miles. :D

Angela

Posted

Torrential rain, gusty wind and rumbles of thunder here in Oxford as this minute in time, moved in from the east.

Posted

The second storm now almost over produced quite a bit of IC, loud thunder and torrential rain :D Still hearing thunder :D

Posted

The storm that been with us since 4.00pm is def to the West of luton and moving away we still getting noise but no more visual ive just checked out the BBC Radar image and it clearly shows the bright red area thats pasted to the west of us my concern is the radar image of a large band of rain sitting just of kent been watching this all day its made steady progress out of northan France across the channel and its growing wonder if this will turn into a large storm area on the lightening strike images there are or have been strikes but only a few be interesting if anyone thinks this might develop

still humid wind has dropped very grey but bright

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

Its here!!!! i have thunder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Thunder is still rumbling about around here.........we've just had another torrential downpour too,as i type it's raining with the odd rumble from the East.

Lots of roads are flooded, with cars broken down all over the place.Some local roads were impassable because of the foods.What a day! :D

Posted

The worst storm i have ever been in. I work at Aldershot, the road was like the river Thames (smelt like it as well). There was 1 foot deep of water flowing down there for about 1 hour. The hail storm at the start set of car alarms (big hail stones as well) and about 3 strikes of very loud thunder. It is now misty and hot, tropical style weather at that.

Posted

beginning of the storm here, it's lightning but not a lot, but i have a MEGA headache!

Posted

Storm is now over (i think). Its lasted about 2 hours 10 mins. Produced hail, thunder, lightning and torrential rain. MCSs should occur more often i say :D The storm will go down in my mind as probably the best one ever :D

Posted

It's just starting in the east midlands, I am at the north of the midlands so have had to suffer killer temperatures with clear blue skys.

Clouds have been rolling in for the last 10-20 minutes, and now finally light rain has started and the odd rumbling of thunder, if this is only the start of things then were in for something good!

Darker clouds approaching, if nothing else I am sure we will see heavy rain, and thunder. Not to mention the ready outdoor swimming pool the rain will supply me with - lol!

Posted

hello

From 3 miles sse of doncaster, my its getting dark early this evening. No lightning yet or rain but distant rumbles of thunder away to South and SSE. Seems reasonable as I watered the pot plants about 2 hours ago.

jh

Posted

I have just received a call from my brother. He and his girlfriend are driving from Sheffield to Worksop in torrential rain with lightning and thunder crashing around :!:

Posted

Dark cloud all round and another brief bout of thunder/lightning nice c-g this time as opposed to the last storm about 5pm mostly c-c..

On the local tv forecast it mentioned a three pronged attack...blimey this is the second .. :shock:

Though died down again looking slightly ominous to my south...maybe they will be right.

Posted

Lightning every now and again, torrential rain, but not as much as the models are showing, no where near! Having about 1 strike/3 mins atm.

Posted

second storm of the day here. and this is so much bigger.flashes of between 1 to 4 per min and heavy rain. best storm ive seen in this area since 1981.

Posted

:shock: WOW never seen so much lightning at once. Typical is happened when at work but got into trouble for being outside and now doing my job hehe :D

It all of a sudden went dark like it was in the middle of the night, rain hammered down and thunder and lightning came from all directions, its was brill, next load is brewing up :wink::D

Posted

Bored now..storm number three in one day and ok no mighty shakes yet,phew,that monkey really gave me a dirty look..swine i'll have him... :D

Foxes are now extinct in these parts..look for the Resus..monkey this week at least :!:

chuck me a banana.. :wink:

Posted

About 2pm today a few rumble along with heavy Cumulonimbus cloud to the west over Bucks. By 3.15pm a large Cumulonimbus storm cell was building to the south-east over South London. Which hit Middlesex between 3.30 pm and 3.45pm with cloud to ground lighting strikes over Ealing, Hanwell, Brentford, Hounslow. The Cell moved off in a north-west direction towards Bucks with further CG strikes over Southall, Greenford, Northolt, Uxbridge, Harefield, Ruislip. By 4.30pm the main cell had move off leaving heavy rain which stopped about 5pm. This cell then was tracked on the net where it continued in a north-west direction. By 8.15pm was over the West Midlands heading for Liverpool, Blackpool and North Wales. Finished tracking the storm cell at 8.45pm GMT.

Greenman

Middlesex