Cold?
IGNORED

New winter discussion forum

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Good idea Paul keeps all the winter threads in one easy to find place

Couple more winter threads I've found

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81729-the-alps-snow-thread-season-20142015/page-25

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82014-how-bad-is-your-snow-addiction/

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Good idea Paul keeps all the winter threads in one easy to find place

Couple more winter threads I've found

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81729-the-alps-snow-thread-season-20142015/page-25

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82014-how-bad-is-your-snow-addiction/

Thanks Gavin :)

• Like 1

Posted

Timely thread.

Some suggestions for threads as follows:

- A winter 2015/2016 forecasts thread. This one I feel should be set up quite shortly allowing people to post there forecasts for the winter ahead. We have the winter 2015/2016 thread at the moment for this but naturally is being used for winter 2015/2016 general discussion.

- A winters past thread. I really think we need one of these, you will notice a significant amount of the current winter 2015/2016 thread is clogged up with discussions of winter past. I know there is a separate discussion area for past events, but feel it would be good to have a specific thread just to talk and reminisce about winters past etc.

-A winter 2015/2016 general chat/ discussion thread. This should be used for people who just want to remark on the winter as a whole, i.e. there thoughts ruminations etc on how things are going, how people feel about it, general observations. It shouldn't be used to talk about the models, or display opinion on the models, we have the separate model threads for that.

We have the regionals for people who want to talk about things in there neck of the woods. We should maintain cold spell discussions etc to talk about impending on embedded cold spells, however these threads can become a bit of a hotchpotch for all sorts of discussions and loose direction preety quickly, they need to be heavily monitored.

When will snow thread - good idea for this one... its tiring reading posts when will we get snow etc.

Snowfall events - this is a good idea for a thread, people could use this to talk about specific snowfalls, how much snow they have recorded, amounts and timings for potential events.

Just some thoughts.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think we should delete this entire section. The reason being that like a watched pot never boiling, reverse psychology also works on snow, I've heard.

Stever Murrs scale needs to be in here, although some of the vids aren't working anymore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

This was such a good idea, Paul!

Make it so much easier for me to monitor the topics I'm interested in for the Winter season! :D:good:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Deleted

Edited by Dancerwithwings