Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Very dull dark day, had a light on most of it... 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

More photos from near Threlkeld where the A66 remains closed. 

post-9615-0-95251900-1447602739_thumb.jppost-9615-0-36390100-1447602745_thumb.jppost-9615-0-08717500-1447602751_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted

Northern Rail trains were cancelled today to Buxton due to flooding on the line between Whaley Bridge and Buxton. This has now been cleared and things are steadily running back to schedule.

Posted

Some parts of the Eden and petrol are the highest they have even been, caldew is high but been higher. The caldew has bursts it's bank and it looks like the new flood defences stopped any minor flooding for place right by the river. I'm sure I have seen the Eden higher must have been to flood everywhere so I'm not understanding why it's not up to the new defences but hey ho

Posted

EA recorded 178mm of rainfall over the high ground of Cumbria by 5am this morning. 

http://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Actually one of the better days here in the last two weeks. Not saying much admittedly but talk about dodging a bullet.

It certainly was. I thought I was on another planet at times today, dry all day and cloudy but with a few glimpses of sun around midday. Max temp 15.3°C. Very similar to the conditions during the Nov 2009 event.

Posted

Moderate rain falling here with a gusty wind, mild @ 13.2c... Oh hell Moki!! 

• Like 1

Posted

Windy and cool this morning but at least it's dry! Currently 7.6c. 

Posted

Bright and breezy day with a few showers, cool @ 8.1c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I'm looking forward to this cold snap in the weekend coming up. I think the temperatures are more of a feature than snow. Could be wrong as the models may change.

It is going to be a shock to the system. :cold: :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A dry day...again, though cloudy. Max temperature 11.2°C, though was at 14.8°C at midnight before the colder air arrived. Currently 9.6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I'm looking forward to this cold snap in the weekend coming up. I think the temperatures are more of a feature than snow. Could be wrong as the models may change.

It is going to be a shock to the system. :cold: :cold:

Yes looks like a normal wishbone Northerly with snow showers especially Saturday for Western and Eastern costal fringes

But with this flow you never know,you can not rule out a trough coming down from the North,just like on this morning GFS 06Z

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Yes looks like a normal wishbone Northerly with snow showers especially Saturday for Western and Eastern costal fringes

But with this flow you never know,you can not rule out a trough coming down from the North,just like on this morning GFS 06Z

C.S

Nothing for us from a Northerly either although after all the rain, a dry weekend with seasonal temperatures would be ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

LOL

GFS Been to the pub tonight,lots of snow showers across the region Saturday morning :cold:

C.S

Edit

followed by another band of snow on Sunday,in the words of Frosty BANK

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Liverpool has slight chance of snow at the weekend but keeps changing all of the time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Looks like another wet day across the region and with the ground already saturated, some flooding is likely.

The strongest winds look to be restricted to areas further south although Cheshire, Derbyshire etc could get quite stormy later in the day.

For me though, I'd imagine it's rain that is the issue.

Never mind, a days holiday today so at least I can watch from the comfort of home.

Currently 6.7c here.