Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Does fake snow count? Might need a snow bucket once my snow making machine arrives. :whistling: Still no storm alert on my £5.99 Argos weather station :cc_confused:

Well no one will know if its fake or not, unless it looks bad in the photo, :) Well these £5.99 weather stations take 48 hrs to get going  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Steady rain here for an hour or so, now fading.  As I type, there's some low sun creeping through a gap which is lighting-up the underside of what is still predominantly this stratocumulus/stratus cloud to give a strange light. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not that much rain here, and now it has dried up completely with some bright spells. A real mixed bag with even some fog first thing.

Posted

Hi all, wind has definitely picked up in Chatham.  We have horizontal rain. Feels mild though.

Yep.... it really is pretty gusty here. I love it ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Looks like I'm going to miss that big long squall currently entering London, it should just skirt to the north of me!

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted

Looks like I'm going to miss that big long squall currently entering London, it should just skirt to the north of me!

im just at the very edge of it, :)

Posted

Edit, actually maybe not!

This tree in my garden looks concerning lol

12238330_10206675051786333_2526094067551

No actual real wind here yet, and the squall is yet to arrive!

Posted

Oops... you may have a flattened Bush, fence AND tree in your garden tomorrow morning... lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

from no wind to a fight back to the car from the school run, lucky Hubs is off this week so he is driving me =) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Timber!!!!!! What squall? :cc_confused:  Nothing happening here in London, just rain, very warm though, 15.6c. The wind needs to be 30mph plus to set off my knocker and as yet I haven't heard any banging. :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

12Z is out

Shows it hitting 12 Hours earlier now. Midnight Friday night into Saturday rather than lunch Saturday although overall a downgrade, we have lost the solid red/white lump over us in the afternoon.

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisk.png

Posted

Well that was one short burst. It's gone! That lasted all of what, 30 minutes lol, Gusts are picking up here now! I may have to become tarzan and hang on to one side of the tree to counterbalance it :D

• Like 1

Posted

Timber!!!!!! What squall? :cc_confused:  Nothing happening here in London, just rain, very warm though, 15.6c. The wind needs to be 30mph plus to set off my knocker and as yet I haven't heard any banging. :shok:

Really? It's pretty gusty here in medway. My cats have just come in ... they're a little unsettled... sitting staring at the window as another quite strong gust passed outside.

Posted

nothing happening here except that it has got a bit colder in here.

I have been playing with a mini food chopper machine I got years ago and ever used. So far I have several things including I made a cream cheese and smoked salmon spread by putting cream cheese, smoked salmon, fresh dill, salt and lemon juice in the machine and chopping for a few seconds, much cheaper than the store version and tastes good, very quick and easy, next I am going to fry a mackerel fillet and try that with cream cheese.I could get addicted to seeing what I can make.

Posted

I have to have 50mph plus to do that, with a certain wind direction, almost has to blow down the road pulling the knocker away from the door as the pressure drops in the doorway, so a south westerly! :D Maybe it will happen tonight, although I hope not, it sends the dogs balmy

edit:

Actually the squall hasn't gone the way of the dodo like I assumed, the radar has clipped some detail off.

I await the next update! It has definitely died down, but I'm not sure how much, oh and it will now miss me, skirted to the north :)

Posted

very windy here, raining as well,could have an open plan garden tom, as my  fences are waving hello to me  :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

s the sun was setting it really looked like severe summer storm was rolling in with dark clouds, lots of scud and that ominous feel in the air.

I think I'll be taking the motorway tonight rather than the tree lined lanes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

s the sun was setting it really looked like severe summer storm was rolling in with dark clouds, lots of scud and that ominous feel in the air.

I think I'll be taking the motorway tonight rather than the tree lined lanes.

Good Idea, seems windier than it should be here.

Highest gust at 52 now.

Edited by alexisj9