Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.
4 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

I didn't, I completely missed those, sadly. Rain has died down a lot now.

I know we're unlikely to get snow again this winter but I live in hope. Wishing everyone a happy New Year :drunk-emoji::reindeer-emoji:

I think it's a bit to early to say that; it may be late March before we get snow (if we get ANY)! Happy new year!

Edited by Rain123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
Just now, Rain123 said:

I think it's a bit to early to say that; it may be late March before we get snow (if we get ANY)!

It's too early every winter and then it's spring :D Don't get me wrong, I'm as desperate for snow as it's possible to be but I'm also a raging pessimist. Not so much a forecast as simply fearing the worst. The snow drifts up the front door of my childhood seem long gone :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

It's too early every winter and then it's spring :D Don't get me wrong, I'm as desperate for snow as it's possible to be but I'm also a raging pessimist. Not so much a forecast as simply fearing the worst. The snow drifts up the front door of my childhood seem long gone :( 

They melted!:D Anyhoo, there's a sniff (no more than a sniff) of a few flakes in East Anglia next week, before the Atlantic systems blow it all back to the Urals!:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

They melted!:D Anyhoo, there's a sniff (no more than a sniff) of a few flakes in East Anglia next week, before the Atlantic systems blow it all back to the Urals!:nonono:

I'll have to see if I can get Surrey relocated then :D Or maybe we can get the whole UK towed somewhere else.

Posted
2 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Yes, I like snow too, but if we don't get any then it's just the weather. And the weather CAN be helped. If the world uses less CO2 then global warming will be limited and we have a higher chance of snow.

I need to choose someone to blame for Global Warming now...

I blame David Cameron.

Yes, I blame David Cameron for us not getting any snow any more. ;) 

• Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, Rain123 said:

You must live very close to me, we have small hail too. Not too large pieces...

I'm not far away either. 

Absolutely desperate for a frost, let alone snow. Had at least a few decent frosty mornings at least this time last year. 

15681307698_615dd706db_c.jpgBrentmoor Heath sunrise by Mark Horton, on Flickr

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, MarkQPR said:

I'm not far away either. 

Absolutely desperate for a frost, let alone snow. Had at least a few decent frosty mornings at least this time last year. 

15681307698_615dd706db_c.jpgBrentmoor Heath sunrise by Mark Horton, on Flickr

That photo is stunning, well done! I did hear the temperatures would be closer to normal soon, so we should hopefully get a few decent frosts.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Rain123 said:

Yes, I like snow too, but if we don't get any then it's just the weather. And the weather CAN be helped. If the world uses less CO2 then global warming will be limited and we have a higher chance of snow.

I need to choose someone to blame for Global Warming now...

I blame David Cameron.

Yes, I blame David Cameron for us not getting any snow any more. ;) 

Indeed! By the time everyone wakes up to climate change, actually accepts it and does something about it it'll be too late. If it isn't already.

Alas, I think this predates Cameron. Maybe Blair and his 45cm dossier? Or maybe @Ed Stone has it right and it's all Ant and Dec's fault. I wouldn't put it past them.

• Like 1

Posted

It could  get a bit nasty  if you go by that line heading our way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Wow It did half rain while i was cooking the steak tea avec a glass of wine. Wondered what the noise was to start.

:drunk-emoji: oh yes, the wine was nice.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted

The rain has now stopped and it's now clear but feeling a bit cooler. Good weather for anyone having fireworks tonight.

2 hours ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Indeed! By the time everyone wakes up to climate change, actually accepts it and does something about it it'll be too late. If it isn't already.

Alas, I think this predates Cameron. Maybe Blair and his 45cm dossier? Or maybe @Ed Stone has it right and it's all Ant and Dec's fault. I wouldn't put it past them.

Well put. Goodness knows what will happen if the dreaded Trump gets to be president of USA. He says that 'climate change is just weather'. I hate Donald Trump even more than I hate Cameron!

• Like 1

Posted

Good to see it more active in here. Happy New Year's Eve peeps! 

I do think by midweek some of us could have seen those elusive snowflakes - greater the chance the more N & E you are, therefore Norfolk is the county to be.

GFS 12z, T+144

image.thumb.jpeg.f0896ff071844868b8ed6d5

On this particular chart the snow boundary grazes the Norfolk coastline it will not take much of a shift for more of us folk 'to join in'. 

It is chilly out there - not exceptionally cold but compared to what we've experienced over the past month it's a big fall. Frosty night incoming tis the first in 5 weeks. A crisp start to 2016! :)

image.thumb.png.bce351c0b4e36860df868780

• Like 1

Posted

I'll see you all next year, race you there! 

image.thumb.jpeg.6edade0af88fa349d0a79f3image.thumb.jpeg.4b1d6d4b65340942ca42195

HAPPY NEW YEAR! It only seems a short while ago - we welcomed in 2015 and now we're here.

I wish y'all, good health, good fortune, and a successful & prosperous new year 2016 might reverse the snow drought - here's to many more. :drinks:

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Happy New Year all, was ice on my friends car as got a lift home from a party so had to scrape the window screen, also a gritter went past .which is the first I've seen this winter,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Nice and frosty here this morning. Exactly how it should be. Going to make the most of the dry weather before the rain comes in early evening. 

Back to the usual mild, wet crap from tomorrow onwards. Sunday looks like a soaker just in time to add to those back to work blues come Monday morning. 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Holy carp, 1st day of January has beaten December already, we have a frost. :rofl:

Posted

Very chilly out and we have something known as a FROST! Feels more seasonable than recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Keeping an eye on a storm shown for the 7th, South Coast could especially take a pounding.

Enjoy this chilly start whilst we got it!

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Right I am going to lock this thread soonish and start a new one. New year, fresh start :)

New thread here

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/84763-south-east-and-east-anglia-weather-discussionchat-a-new-year/

Edited by Captain Shortwave