Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Hmmm... :( it appears NOT to be getting any windier here. I was hoping for higher sustained winds and at least a 50 mph gust :(... feeling gutted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Really? It's pretty gusty here in medway. My cats have just come in ... they're a little unsettled... sitting staring at the window as another quite strong gust passed outside.

Did you say cats! Blimey, I have one and I can just about cope with the little minx. She doesn't like thunder and is confused by snow and hates heat. How many do you have, do they hate storms? The rain has stopped here and still no storm alarm from Argos. :cc_confused:

I have to have 50mph plus to do that, with a certain wind direction, almost has to blow down the road pulling the knocker away from the door as the pressure drops in the doorway, so a south westerly! :D Maybe it will happen tonight, although I hope not, it sends the dogs balmy

edit:

Actually the squall hasn't gone the way of the dodo like I assumed, the radar has clipped some detail off.

I await the next update! It has definitely died down, but I'm not sure how much, oh and it will now miss me, skirted to the north :)

Temperature has gone down here :cc_confused: Maybe the wind isn't in the right direction for my knocker here too. My sprouts have gone off :oops: Going to have to venture out to get dinner. Hope it stays dry and slightly breezy.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Hmmm... :( it appears NOT to be getting any windier here. I was hoping for higher sustained winds and at least a 50 mph gust :(... feeling gutted

Would you mind it hanging on for a few hours until I can get home safely, then it can go all out? Deal?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Wind picked up here about 3.30pm and heavy rain , now it's breezy but was expecting it to be windier if I'm honest .See what happens later !!

Posted

Did you say cats! Blimey, I have one and I can just about cope with the little minx. She doesn't like thunder and is confused by snow and hates heat. How many do you have, do they hate storms? The rain has stopped here and still no storm alarm from Argos. :cc_confused:

Well I have three cats. One we rescued from our garden three years ago. She was a feral. I think the wind isn't getting any worse where I am? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wind picked up here about 3.30pm and heavy rain , now it's breezy but was expecting it to be windier if I'm honest .See what happens later !!

Hi Marie.

It did pick up a bit didn't it, I'm not sure if that's it for us. Does anyone know?

• Like 1

Posted

Not even due to peak till 9pm-midnight decreasing rapidly after

Yea I heard that but was thinking Barney is making an impression earlier in the UK then was predicted? I have to travel to work at 20:40 tonight. I'm working the night shift. Are you telling me I'll miss the best wind gusts for my region? Typical :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I'm surprised and presume your in Town? I Passed through Chatham then Lordswood as i cut through to Boxley, was Windy higher up at Lordswood.

I for one would like to keep the new fence panels this year, as it cost me almost a grand to replace two sides of the garden!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Hopefully when Barney passes we can look at the weekend in more detail, the set-up reminds me of a previous set-up where it was more East Anglia ( I think ) that got an overnight surprise, just can't remember the year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Very gusty here, now storm barney has passed. Storm barney wasn't actually much, just some heavier bursts of rain. 

Posted

Woah... Ok so I just heard the whistling wind noise around my house... YES!!! ... then a nice wind gust.

However it's still not really windy here in medway. I'm still hoping the wind will get stronger in the next few hours ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very gusty here, now storm barney has passed. Storm barney wasn't actually much, just some heavier bursts of rain. 

The storm isn't finished yet. The strong winds are yet to pass through later. The winds form a second 'stage' to this storm, associated with a fairly rapid increase in pressure on its SW edge and dry air infiltrating down to the surface, pulling down stronger winds. The intrusion of drier air is hence why the winds are not really associated with any concurrent rainfall and thus are partly separate features to the overall LP.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

extremely :shok:  windy out there just opened my back door, nearly took my breath away, shut it quick, now look like ive dragged through a hedge backwards 

Posted

Read AJP's post: https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/84434-model-output-discussion-cold-snap-incoming-16th-nov-onwards/page-9#entry3285659

Relevant to us folk. :)

On the basis of that London would get a snowfall there is a warm sector/core associated with Channel Low the model may drop it or alternatively changing its north/south extent and consequently which area is under 'fire' - for the last few days Saturday has been standing out for the 'S' word in our region. Short albeit sweet? :)

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1